Fluids?

Nitroracer

I should have my lower milaeage 200ci in my zephyr tomorrow and I have to make a run and pick up oils, filters, and such. I was wondering what type of oil would be recomended for the engine and the trans (C5)? And should there be any problem with switching over to the new orange coolant in an older car?

Parts List
Oil - 10w30 ?
Filter - Larger, 5qt total
Trans fluid - ? Found somethign about motorcraft type H in a manual
Trans filter
Thermostat
Belts & Hoses

Do not switch to orange Dex-cool in any car. GM is even having problems with it in cars they put it into from the factory. Standard coolant lasts 1-2 years; if you ask me, its not asking too much to change it out at that interval.

Slantsickness":37gc8mtj said:
Do not switch to orange Dex-cool in any car. GM is even having problems with it in cars they put it into from the factory. Standard coolant lasts 1-2 years; if you ask me, its not asking too much to change it out at that interval.

I heard of a GM what was 5+ years old. They replaced the heater core, radator, and all lines. The block has been flushed twice. They still couldn't get rid of all of the orange stuff. At one point after that, the radator got gunked up and almost blew the engine.

Back