All in a Weekend

Nitroracer

I was lucky with school last week and scored a four day weekend, and three out of those four days were spent ripping the engine out of the zephyr, putting in a new rear main seal, and getting everyhting back together. First I thought I could get away with leaving the engine in the car and dropping the trans, well that wasn't going to happen. So I go rent a hoist and stand for the engine and pick up the gaskets I need. The 83' engine had a two piece rope seal in it and thats what got put in. So I get the engine all buttoned up and the trans on and she refuses to turn over. After putting the engine and trans together some 8 to 10 times I end up pulling the thin metal spacer between the engine and trans and my problem goes away. This was before I went and retorqued all of the main caps thinking they were too tight. Anyway the engine is back in the car and running well with no leaks!

I had some time tonight as well and got a few pictures with the digital camera, just playing with random settings at night.

Night%20008-edit.jpg

Night%20014-edit.JPG

Back