Tranny fluid all over the place....

JOSephInE

a friend of mine rebuilt my tansmission for me, put it back on and everything was cool for the first 5 days but late yesterday i pulled out into the street and noticed a trail of liquid in the driveway got out and tranny fluid was leaking all over the place.......i mean a whole bunch. i parked it, and switched cars hoping that i could get a hold of aaron,(the friend that put it in) well aaron is in LA until wednesday......errr. so would any of you have any idea of what or why all that fluid would leak out like that? is there certain things i should check for first? i havent looked at it at all yet....when i get home from school i'm gonna see if i can figure anything out..........

thanks in advance! :D

Which tranny? Try cleaning it up a bit underneath and see if you can ID the location it's starting from.

Chaz, you are suggesting that I rebuilt his just because mine is leaking like a faucet too are you!?!? :LOL: :( :x :( :cry:

a neighbor friend.....it's the tranny in my maverick i think it's a C4? i'm not sure, but i thought i heard him say that.

The First thing I would check is see what he did with the cooling lines most of the time these guys just cut the lines in half and then put them back together with a small piece of hose and clamps I'd check if one may have come lose (happens alot ).
tim

Bryce...of course not. I wanted to know who rebuilt Josie's tranny to see if she could take it back under warrantee...

:shock:

i have a small leak to but I dont care....

i was kidding!! Poking fun at my own leak issues (many as they are!)
LOL!

ofcourse I know that. I rarely take anything serious...

so when your done all your diagnosing...you will be the so fla expert...

It might just be overfilled, too.

Treat this as a salutary lesson in life: Men are not to be trusted, no matter what they say. (Apologies to Dumas.) :p

addo":cfrtjcw6 said:
It might just be overfilled, too.

Treat this as a salutary lesson in life: Men are not to be trusted, no matter what they say. (Apologies to Dumas.) :p

No wonder why I like Adam so much.... :D

Well as much as I hate to say it I had the same thing happen....... differance is mine was a new TCI Streetfighter. Did exactly the same thing, fine for 2 days, then it started leaking a little, and I didn't think anything about........ took it to work and had a buddy with my and I thought i would show off and hit about 120mph eased off and made the turnaround (road is reffered to as the 100mph road because it is a local strip where races go on at night and we test drive vehicles during the day ;) and on the way back I kicked it and brought it to about 100 and looked and hey there is a line of fluid and I folowed it all the way back to work and when I pulled into the parking lot it stopped pulling. The front pump seal went and it cost me about $100 to have a 75 cent part replaced (5 hours labor......).

there is a small crack in the case...about 3/8" and that's were the fluid is coming out......i cleaned it as best i could....sanded it a little bit and applied jbweld to it....do you guys think this might work? i'm not sure what else to do.....i guess if it doesn't work i can look for a new case? for being such a small crack, it drained just about all the fluid i had put in there........i'm probably going to be SOL on this one! :x

Hmmm....... where is the crack at? depends on where it is at, I have seen jbweld hold stuff like that before if it was clean and applied well.

Josie,

save your self the immediate cash and wait out the JB Weld. If that doesnt hold, get to a good local weld shop and have them braze or muggy weld he crack. If its done right..It will last forever. Lets hope the crack is in a reservoir type area and not in a place that would be under stress.

Good luck....

eek.gif

popcorn2.gif

Back