nOOb rebuild question

A

Anonymous

What do you guys think of this rebuild kit:

http://www.greenbaypartsworld.com/f200a.htm

It says their offices are closed until 1/2/05 so i cant call them to ask but i'd assume the pistons are hypers which are a step up from stock replacement cast pistons. anybody ever bought anything from this place or can point me in the direction of a decent kit that comes with some halfway decent pistons? I'd like to spray at least a 100 shot on my 200 once it get freshened up. thanks for the help.

I read that page and I guess I'm not sure why you would assume those pistons are hypers. Silvolite makes regular cast pistons as well. I don't see a kit that you have to pay extra for moly rings having hyper pistons.

mustang6":ie9sc9nc said:
I read that page and I guess I'm not sure why you would assume those pistons are hypers. Silvolite makes regular cast pistons as well. I don't see a kit that you have to pay extra for moly rings having hyper pistons.

I guess that's a good point about the rings. I always thought they made mainly hypers so i assumed thats what they were.

One other question: who makes the adapter for a Holley 2300 to my head? I've been looking around and i've seen adapters for the older heads and some of the foreign heads. Maybe it's right there in front of me.

Edit: I guess i forgot to include the fact that this is a 200 out of a 78 Zephyr. thanks.

look up Mustang_Geezer, CZLN6 and/or Hot6TFalcon. They've directly mounted their 2bbl carbs onto the log and used a homemade adapter. Mustang_G and CZLN6 have websites that talks about this in detail, sorry I don't have the links at the moment.

DB

I looked on the clifford performance website and they have 2 different ones for 2300 carbs. it just said to measure how far apart the carb studs are and go from there so i'll probably do that. 68 bucks seems like a lot, though....

Back