Bolt torque numbers..

Ronn

Been looking but ...I need a complete engine bolt torque and sequence. I have my 250 completely dismantled and now I can't find my chart. You know head bolts, main bolts, clearences and tolerances on endplay etc. Should be a ford sheet somewhere or somebodies..Please? :D

Ok, I need to know what torque I should tighten the rod bearing cap nuts, the main bearing nuts. Any Help would be appreciated.

Sounds like you really need a shop manual if you are putting this engine together yourself. How are you measuring and checking clearances and end play? You need the specs for that stuff too for a successful rebuild.

One of my manuals says the following for the 1970-76 250 6 cylinder engine (all in ft-lbs.):

Head bolts 70-75
Rod Bearing bolts 21-26
Oil pump bolts 10-15
Main Bearing bolts 60-70
Crankshaft Pulley bolt 85-100
Flywheel to crankshaft bolts 75-85
Exhaust mainfold bolts 13-18
Water pump bolts 12-15
Thermostat housing bolts 12-15
Oil pan bolts 7-9
Valve cover 3-5

Clearance specs are different depending on the year of your engine. What year are you working with?

75 block. It's already been rebuilt good, it's just that some water got into 3 of the pistons and surface rusted the walls a bit. Needs more than honing. I honed them but I'm near .032 now with 30 over pistons and theres some roughness left from the rust. So, I felt like I should go ahead and buy a set of 40 over pistons and have it bored again.

Now about clearances..should'nt they be already good if I put everything back as it was?

Back