Header in two pieces?

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I bought a used header from a fellow inliner here on the forum. It was perfect for my budget.

What's new to me is it's in two pieces. One header pipe seems to slide into another on the back half.

Is this how it's installed? Do I need to seal it up around the joint? Also which type of gasket is best of the ones I have?

It is a dual out header as seen below.

picture0026zn.jpg

picture0014xo.jpg

picture0060gc.jpg

i believe that is all you have to do
it might leak a bit when cold, but once it heats up, as long as it's a tight fit it should seal up nicely

The gaskets you have are for a stock manifold, you need a header gasket. Get one from FSPP or Hooker. The part number is HK6601 for the Hooker. Russell

67 Falcon":326er5u3 said:
The gaskets you have are for a stock manifold, you need a header gasket. Get one from FSPP or Hooker. The part number is HK6601 for the Hooker. Russell

just cause it'll be asked
what's the difference?

(i love self-fufilling prophecies)

From the header gaskets I've seen they're thicker than manifold gaskets. Does anyone make a copper header gasket for our sixes? That would be a popular commodity, I'd think.
Darryl

I saw one on ebay a few weeks back exactly like that one that I was going to buy. It looked normal in the pictures on Ebay but when he sent me some additional pics I saw it was in two pieces. I wasn't too sure about that so I didn't buy it. Guess I missed out. :(

I have a set of those headers that im not useing. There just siting in my garage collecting dust.

LAter,

Curtis

Thanks for the info. As always great stuff here at Fordsix.com.

Anyone had any trouble with the throttle linkages for a stock 1100 getting in the way with a header like the one I have?

Oh yeah, also anyone got a spare port divider they'd like to part with?

Cheers,
Steve-O

Mustang-Geezer recommends using the stock manifold gasket and coating both sides with a copper sealant.

Bob

Curious, but will those headers fit with an automatic in place? Any starter clearance issues?

-Chris

I saw a set of those laying in a pile of parts last weekend at a so cal wrecking yard. I already have headers wasn't interested.

Mike

I remember making a post about this on the Clifford board some time past when it actually existed. I mentioned that it was possible that those headers would need 'adjustment' for clearance around the starter and shock tower. A hammer was the recommended 'adjustment' tool. Apparently Clifford did not appreciate my post and promptly deleted it.

Now I have the power :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Al

Thanks, good to know.

Like I said, curious. Besides, I might be looking for a set of used headers. This may give me another option (thinking cheap...of course). :roll:

-Chris

Does anyone have images showing the gas pedal to carb linkage above your installed headers?

I want to see what room I'llhave before I start taking parts off.

Thanks,

Steve-O

Back