I finaly had some time to put the motor together

pedal2themetal45

Famous Member
After 2 or 3 weeks of having the parts and no time to my self I got some vacation and got all the parts painted and the motor put together in one day.
normal_Pic000110.jpg

Now I noticed that the tranny mounts are different from the old weak 3spd tranny and the newer 1970 3spd? Am I going to need a different cross member or just the mount for the tranny I got?? :shock:
thanks all
Tim

prob will just need a different mount. put the two side by side or measure from the bell back to see how long each one is to the mount.

btw I stay away froom black motors.....harder to work on since they eat up all the light (esp when doing a repair at the side of the road at night) and they make tracking down leaks a pain

Yea I could see it being a pain to see leaks but the car is supost to look orginal for clasic stock (all tho its a 200 instade of the 170 that was in it)and the colors were black and ford red... so I'm sort of stuck with the color.. :unsure: But I don't plaining on any leaks ( I know no one does :LOL: )
Tim

Tim, looks nice, I like black engines.

Get the engine in & get it breathing air. William

That engine looks mighty fine, :party:

Hope mine will look like that in 3/4 of a year :unsure:

What paints did you use??
Regular spraypaints from the auto store or a more professional one??

Rinke

Rinke":nocojjpf said:
That engine looks mighty fine, :party:

Hope mine will look like that in 3/4 of a year :unsure:

What paints did you use??
Regular spraypaints from the auto store or a more professional one??

Rinke

HI RINKE
Yes I just used the motor paint from the auto store. I've had good luck with them. Here's my Big Block I even used there high heat paint with ceramic in it for the headers and they steal look good after 2yrs.
motor2.jpg

Tim

Back