SEMA UPDATE - hang on to your hats LOL

AzCoupe

1K+
Departed Member
The first two days have been very productive. Without a doubt, the best ever. We've been talking to a lot of manufacturers about producing custom parts for our sixes. Check out what we have been up to the past two days, its great news. I don't have much time (on a pay system) so I need to keep this short. I'll update in more detail when I get home this coming Sunday. Just thought I'd tease you all just a tad bit. ;)

MSD has agreed to make a special run on dizzys exclusively for FSPP. Still need to negotiate the cost and minimum quantites, but I think this is going to be doable. Taylor is also going to quote a fully programable dizzy for our sixes (very nice).

FlowMaster is going to build custom 2.25" and 2.5" exhaust systems (complete) for the FSPP dual out headers (to suit the new aluminum head).

Found a supplier to make metal head gaskets in the following sizes (compressed) .020,.030,.040,.050,.060,.070,.080 and FSPP will be stocking them all. This will let you dial in your desired CRs.

Scat and Eagle are quoting billet and forged cranks.

Ross has commited to producing forged pistons and rods at reasonable prices. As well as billet rods.

Eiback and Crane have both agreed to work with me on some single and dual spring kits for the various cam specs. Primarily single springs.

Haltech and FAST are setting me up as a distributor for their EFI systems. FAST will also produce custom wiring harnesses to suit our requirements.

Magnuson has agreed to build a custom blower to go with the new aluminum head, at a very reasonable price. The first one will be going on the SEMA motor for my 66 coupe, instead of a turbo. 8)

FSPP will also be offering a serpentine belt system for all the various accessories, including the Magnuson blower (several options for manufacurers).

Humm, can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but I'm sure I've missed something. Its late, I'm tired, and my brain is fried from talking shop all day. LOL

Tomorrow, I'll be searching for oil pan options.

Tommorw night, Primeda is meeting us at the Las Vegas track to take some pics of Kelly doing burnouts in her Falcon.

Guess thats it for now. Next year is going to be very exciting for us, with lots of new products coming online. :D

how much better will the MSD dizzy be when compared to the DSII? and what does fully programmable mean? i'm assuming it has to do with the curve of the dizzy?

i like the sound of the serpentine belt, i've wanted one for a while... just for the pretty of it
gonna fix up the FSPP balancer so that it'll work with the system?

and i hope you do well with the oil pan, i don't wanna have to try and make my own (although i wouldn't mind the challenge)

i love hearing how awesome everything is going, i just hope enough people buy into it to keep it goin strong
good luck with it all!

The Taylor dizzy is basically a mushroom style (very short) with six coils mounted remotely. The dizzy can be programed for 1-3 sparks per stroke, and you can adjust the timing curve anyway you want. It's amazing. Really a nice system. Will cover it in more detail later.

so, more like a modern car's coil-packs?
sorta the kind of system Jack would have used for the Crossflow 200 to clear the intake?

couldn't they just use 3 coils and have 'em sparking on the exaust stroke as well? to save parts and money?
or maybe i should stop analyzing something that doesn't even fully exist yet...
:LOL:

i'll just sit here quietly and wait for more info when you get a chance
very glad to hear that it was productive!

Sounds great Az. Looks like you have been really doing a great sales job there. Have these reps been impressed with your displays?

I am looking forward to seeing some of these parts available. Will they be ready by summer 06? I ask cause this is when I should be ready to start on my engine and powertrain by then.

That's an incredible lineup of suppliers. :wow:
Many kudos to you for all the hard work, time and money you put into this thing.

:party: :party: :party:

Woo hoo! More to spend my money on (when I finally get home)!!!!! Should have about a $30k bonus when they cut me loose...yes!!!!

You're too civil, Mike. How many of these places have opend an email from an FSP member and either clicked to select a pro-forma reply, or not even bothered?

Look after your designs and intellectual property. ;)

Did a lot more walking and talking today. I've been looking for another supplier for oil pans for nearly three years with no luck. This year, it was one of my priorities as I had several request for them over the past year. I stopped and talked to Moroso again, as I thought I'd give them one more shot. Well, today I was succesful and they agreed to produce one for us. That was really good news, finally. 8)

Last night I couldn't think of the gasket company name, which is going to do the various size head gaskets. It's Comedic.

Just look at the big name companies that are looking at us more seriously this year. Moroso, MSD, Ross, Eiback, Crane, FlowMaster, Scat, Eagle, Manuson, Halteck, Fast, TMW Induction, Garrett, and others. I think a lot of it has to do with the SEMA display this year and the announcement of the new aluminum head. And I put together a real nice three fold brochure, the inside totally dedicated to info on the new head. I'm sure it made a big difference in influencing them.

The first two days, we had a lot of visitors to the display, and many inquiries on the new head. I had several request from companies (all over the world) wanting to be distributors for them, quite a few from Australia. One chap use to own a Ford dealership in OZ and had info on the original cast heads that I've never heard. He told me that Ford only produce 1450 of these heads, which would explain why they are so rare nowdays. I always wondered, now I know. :unsure:

More updates later.........................

Mike....This is FANTASTIC!!!!! It seems that all of your hard work is really starting to take off. You've got my support 100%! Primedia is suppose to get with me soon to set up our photo shoot for Mustangs and Fords. Maybe this will help too. Keep us updated.

Mike, you are truly the man. 8)

Now about this distributor... I could really use a low-pro dizzy when I try to make the US200/Crossflow thing work. I have measurements somewhere of exactly what dimensions I need to clear the intake. I know it's early to be talking price, but is there a ballpark figure (give or take $100?)

Just bought a house with a garage, so the tinkering shall begin in T minus 11 days (closing on the 14th). :)

Last night I couldn't think of the gasket company name, which is going to do the various size head gaskets. It's Comedic.

Mike, it's Cometic.

I couldn't help chuckle at that typo.

Mike, if there's any of those brochures left over, I'd love to get one to for winter time reading, planning & drooling. Something for the coffee table to help pass time while the car hibernates.

Thanks

I can print more brochures when/if needed. ;)

The Taylor dizzy is very short and would work well with a crossflow type head. No idea on price yet, they haven't even determined the price for standard applications as its a totally new product. But they told me to check with them in a couple weeks.

Cometic :oops: (Comedic is close to comical "Comedy") :LOL: :LOL: Trust me, spelling was not my strong suit in school. :roll:

All great news. I wish I could be there. You feet must hurt by now. :)
Lots of new parts coming our way. Time to start a new savings account to save up.

Time to start a new savings account to save up.
Maybe there'll be an FSPP credit card, like the ones Summit have? That way, Mike locks in the sales and the customer has standard repayments with a bank. If you could pay off a $2K head/manifold setup over 24 months at 8.5%, that's less than $25 per week. Food for thought?

<----looking for the toilet paper to clean up my mess!

That is wonderful news. I am particularly interested in the cranks, distributor, and blower. I know when I looked hard at making a MPFI set up using HOlley's MPFI system, the biggest hang up was the timing since there was no real, inexpensive, non-custom dizzy what would allow me to control the timing the way it should be with a computer.

Mike, I applaud all your efforts for us! You have pretty much single handedly moved the world of the I6 forward to new heights!

Slade

Back