stalling when opening throttle!

AJ1Overdrive

I have a Holley 1bbl on a 200 and have recently just got it running after setting for 3 years. I have replaced the gas tank and sending unit as well. Also took a part and cleaned the carb as well as the fuel pump. Engine is wanting to stall when opening the throttle. Only achieves higher revs after feathering the throttle.

The problem does get better as the engine is up to opperating temp, but never completely goes away.

I was wondering about the vaccuum advance. Wondered if it may not be working, but when unhooking the vaccuum line the engine stalls. Not really sure where to go from here?

AJ

Accelerator pump? What you describe sounds like what mine did when the pump was non functional, look in the carb while you work the throttle, you should see a stream of gas shoot out, if not the pump is bad.

Doe's it squirt right away when you move the trotel (No Lag)? Another thing is the disturbitur duel vacuum or single vacuum (load-a-matic). Mayb they are crossed. Or Float level sence you took it apart maybe its not adjusted just right...
tim

Fuel pump might being going. Float level?
If you've done work on the gas tank/lines maybe there's crud somewhere in the line leading up to the needle valve.

Back