URGENT.... Need Photos

AzCoupe

1K+
Departed Member
Hey Guys,

I've been working with the tech editor for Mustangs and Fords on the "Six Cylinder Performance Guide" which will be published in the June issue. He called me tonight and asked if I could get him some photos for the article. The photos must show some form of performance modification and be a minimum of 300K. The larger the better, but please send one or two photos at a time, and only one or two of the same engine or modification. The shots should be of really clean engine bays and nice looking mills, like you expect to see in a magazine. I need them no later than tomorrow night, to make the Friday cutoff. Any submissions would be greatly appreciated, but please keep it reasonable. Pick the best two shots you have and send them, not twenty or thirty. But that being said, I know some of you could contribute numerous pics. I think you get the drift. ;)

email to GT200@cableAZ.com

THANKS

Mike,

How do you tell if the photo is 300k??

Later,

Doug

Mike, several pictures are on the way. Hope this helps.

Oh yea, we need some shots of the guts too. Like a bottom shot showing the seven mains, or the exhaust ports with a port divider, or roller tiped and/or full roller rocker assemblies, carb adaptors, turbo setups, and so on.

Man, I've resized all mine to just below 300K...have to break out the camera tonight and get some more pics.

The 300k lower limit is just a rough indicator of resolution. Most people don't have the software to resample their pictures (and wouldn't know how) so the magazines make it as simple as possible.

grocery getter":2pffqnds said:
Mustang_Geezer":2pffqnds said:
Mike,

How do you tell if the photo is 300k??

Later,

Doug

right click on the photo and select properties. it will give you the size.

If I click on Mikes sig pic it says size 51212 bytes & dimensions 300 x 207 pixels.

Wheres the 300 K or dpi come into the picture??

Thanks

Doug

lightnin-boy":2cd128g6 said:
300K equals 300,000 bytes...

So your photo sounds like it is 51K.

Later,

Kirk

Thanks Kirk!!

I dont have any pictures that are as big as 300K then.

Later,

Doug

Thanks guys, we getting some really nice pics for the article. Keep them coming. He's trying to convince the publisher to give him till Monday morning so he can work on it all thru the weekend. He told me he is really enjoying this project, as it is different from the "same ole V8 stories" he normally does. He has also offered to help us as much as possible in the future and is going to do a follow up when the new aluminum head comes out. He also picks the parts for the new products section. ;)

We still need some good pics of header installs (any type), and of induction setups (carb swaps, adaptors, trips, trubos, dirrect mount, etc).

i can go do a quick mock-up on the header install, hoses and such won't be hooked up, but it'll show it before and after

am i still in time for a mock-up to be useful?

That would be great, we still have time as far as I know. I'm sending more pics of some parts tomorrow. ;)

You know, if there's time and room to include them, some pics of Mustangs and Comets with the big block 300 installed, like fast3006's '68, should generate some interest also. Maybe even a shot of Frenchtownflyer's Willy's perhaps. I'm sure those of us with the 300's would love to see our engines featured as well or maybe a side note could be included in the article of future parts development for the big six. I'm not knocking the small sixes none at all, as I'm looking for a Maverick in good shape with a 250 in it for my son's first car. He turns 12 this year so I figure if I find a decent one after the first of the year, we should have it road ready and presentable for his driving test when he turns 16, with the help of new parts from Fordsix.com of course. Keep up the good work and good luck on the article and the new small six head.

I should have said 1K = 1024 bytes... So Doug's picture is really 50.01K. I know not a big difference, but I am a certified computer geek by trade and this had slipped my mind the first time around. Must be getting old <sigh>

Kirk

Back