What did carb come off ?

saltwaterfalcon1960

I don`t have any way to post picture.I have an autolite 1100 that looks like all the rest ,except that instead of the vent bowl rod coming out of top and going to pump,it has a tube that comes out of top and curves toward back of carb an inch or so.Any ideas what this came off of??? The metal tag is gone and there are no numbers on carb.I need a new float needle valve and the ones out of the regular 1100`s are different.Man at parts store says if I can find car it came on he might be able to get a float valve.

No clue about that special vent tubing on the carb head, sorry. Does it look like factory installed? Might be from an earlier rebuild. Only reasons I could think of would be to create a connection to a charcoal canister, or for offroad purposes, but I´m not sure.

what does the old needle look like?
does it have a srew-in brass needle seat, or is the needle seat actually cast and machined into the carb top?

(good!) carb kits covering all years autolite 1100-1101 usually come with two different needles, the shorter needle for the 1100 to use with a screw-in brass seat, and a longer needle for use in the early 1100 and 1101 type carb tops

HEY FALCON60

....I HAD ONE LIKE IT ON A 1964 200 CU.IN. MOTOR. IT WORKED JUST LIKE ANY OTHER 1100.

.....I STILL HAVE IT. I SAVED IT BECAUSE IT GAVE ME GOOD MILEAGE.

LIVE IN GRACE

LEROY POLL

HI, Thanks for the replys to my post. Its a factory carb. It was built that way. looks like all the other 1100`s except for the 1/4 inch vent tube instead of bowl vent rod.Actually looks like a less complicated design.Runs great just needs a new needle valve ,it has a ring worn around it.Wonder if this carb could have possibly come on an early Bronko,Econoline,etc???

Back