DUI Performance Distributor ?

Timnmelinda

Ok I am putting together 67 coupe stock 22 adding 2bbl headers and dual exhaust the real question is about the distributor, I was going to go Duraspark II Should I go DUI Performance Distributor , or would this just be overkill/wasting money for my situation?

Tim

You would be making a mistake by not getting one. Of course, this is my opinion. I have the DUI on my Stang and couldn't believe the improvements I've experienced. Much smoother idle, increased HP (13 to be exact), quicker throttle response, plus it looks great!!!! Michael

I would like hear from every one that has a DUI and tell me what they think of it I have been thinking of getting one. Also what spark plugs does everyone use.

mraley, do you know what the advance curve in your DUI looks like?

jamyers.....It's set at 22 degrees @ 3200 RPMs and is set 12 degrees initial advance. Does that answer your question?

mraley":ka8z4o8l said:
jamyers.....It's set at 22 degrees @ 3200 RPMs and is set 12 degrees initial advance. Does that answer your question?
Sure does, thanks!

Running a DUI on a fairly stock '66 200 cu in. It has a header, port divider, mild port job, Autolite spark plugs and a slightly used Pony Carb Autolite 1100. And it flippin' runs great!!!

The DUI is the best cure for Load-o-matic faulty SCV valve!

I couldn't find the used parts I needed for DS, so only a few bucks more I got the DUI as compared to what I would spend for new DS stuff plus a MSD-6. It installed in minutes; a single wire is all it took!

My ignition and stock induction is squared away. Installed a big block radiator. Need a little front end work, brakes are good & tires are fair, so everything's in working order. Now it depends on what happens next: Either Summit ships the Offy manifold I ordered a month and half ago or the 2.77 3-speed spits out a syncro and in goes a T-5.

Go for the DUI; you'll never have to worry about the ignition again.

Offy only tools up a couple times a year to produce the manifold_ I waited a while for mine as well.

I woulda bought a DUI, but I allready cut my wiring harness up to wire in a MSD and a DSII :D :D :D

Later,

Doug

Honestly, I couldn't tell you. Didn't have the car on the road enough to make a before and after mileage comparison. I had problems with the carb\dizzy since day one of the 3 months I owned the car before I installed the DUI.

I'm having some problems keeping my 1969 Mustang 250 running when I put it in gear and try to take off. I have the Ignitor II, and based on what I've read, that might be my problem. I will check cylinder compression before purchasing any new ignition system, to rule out a mechanical problem. But if I decide to go the DUI route, where do I buy one?

Thanks so much,
James

You can get them off Mike Winterboer (AzCoupe). He's having issues with the website server at present - there are no problems with his stock or liquidity.

The easiest way might be to send him a PM with the product questions. It could be a day or two before he gets a chance to reply.

Regards, Adam.

If i remember correctly the DUI is taller, than a stock dizzy. Does someone know how much taller it is.

Later,

Curtis

Here's a pic of the difference. It's huge, but so is the performance. :D

BTY, I now have the DUI available for the 144 and early 170ci engines. They are not in stock yet, but are on the way, thanks to Steve, the owner of Performance Distributors.

When I talked to all the other manufacturers, they stated there was not a market for an inline dizzy, then walked away. The only one that listened, and built one for us in short order, was Steve. If you have a chance, drop him a line and thank him for building a great product for us. I'm sure he would appreciate it. If you have installed a DUI, let him know how it works, as testimonials are always nice. ;)

Good that you've got the early sixes under control. A little cost comparison between re-doing the Load-o-Matic system and replacing it outright. For anyone who ponders the economics of it (prices from Summit, NAPA and Mustangs Plus):

Pertronix Ignitor I $80
Pertronix Flame Thrower coil $33
MSD 6A $180
Coil lead $4
Rebuilt distributor $46
Distributor cap $7
Rotor $3

TOTAL $353 to rebuild original style ignition system for more performance.

- It's still likely to be inferior to the DUI setup.

I did the math. Couldn't find DS II parts used, so I went for the DUI, which was cheaper because I was about to buy the $90 wiring harness from Painless on top of everything else.

I dropped a line to the crew at Performance Distributors thanking them for a great product and working with Mike. Mike, glad to see you got your site back up.

Back