3 RBS Carb's

A

Anonymous

Will 3 RBS carburetors fit on the Offy manifold adapter? I have a 250 I6 and would like to know if there will be hood clearance issues.
Thanks,
Ken

I'm currently working on my tri power set-up and I went with 3 C/W 740 carbs..
I've heard there is clearnece issues with the rear carb and the hood brace, but I dont know for sure.

Nathan

I've been researching tri-carb set ups. My Offy has been back ordered for two months now. There's two different manifolds. The outer two carb bases have a smaller diameter than the center one. I don't think 3 RBS carbs will work. It depends on the bolt spacing.

RBS's are available in both the large and small base. I don't know which cars used the smaller RBS's but i have a pair of small base RBS's that came from a boat with a GM 4 cyl. Which would give rise to the theory of 4cyl Chevy 11's. By the way that little 4 cyl with 2 carbs in a boat was rated at 120 HP at the crank.

Hey Nathan289,
Do you have the part numbers of the different RBS bases? I have a RBS carb I am trying to add on my 76 250cid engine.
Thanks,
Ken

wish I could help you.
I dont know enough about the rbs carbs to be of any help.
I do know they were used on 74 and up 250s such as a maverick engine.

I also know that the 74 and up 250 was the bigger carb base..

You should be able to bolt on the rbs carb to your 76 head with the use of the EGR or Carb heater spacer...

Nathan

Back