Header Primary Lengths

ASMART

Does anyone know what the primary pipe lengths are for FSPP, Hooker, and Pacesetter headers are? Any other brands would be good. It would seem that at only 200 cu, the small siz could use long pipes to help out the bottom end.

The hookers are a 1 1/2 primary 38" in length then into a 2 1/2 collector.

I think FSPP'S are a 1 5/8 diameter, but mike will have to give you the length. William

The FSPP shorties vary from 12-16 inches.

The Pacemakers also vary from 12-16 inches.

I have a new dual out header coming in, late summer or early fall. It has 22-26 inch primarys. It is also made by Pacemaker, but it doesn't hang as low as the Hookers. I have two in stock at the moment, but only one is for sale. We want to dyno and see if they make any difference, and if so, how much.

Mike, I think the pacemakers will be superior especially on the top end & with your new cylinder head which will really move some air.

The hookers have super low end & decent midrange but as you said they do hang low & provide a lot less ground clearance.

The dyno tests will be very interesting.

Any idea yet on the cc's of the combustion chamber in the new head???

V/R Will

Actually, I was just wondering about how low they go myself.

I was out in the yard with my brother-in-law this weekend and he commented on how low my exhaust hangs where it attaches to my header (old Clifford dual out). I looked and I guess I never really noticed, but wow they really do hang low.

Are the current FSPP and Pacemakers tighter to the bottom than the Clifford?

Will the long Pacemeakers also be the 1 5/8" diameter or the 1 1/2" diameter of the Hookers.
Doug

Back