roller rockers

mach1 mark

I have read that Chevy (parden my language) Rockers can be used on the big 300's. But is there a reasonable priced roller rocker that can be used on the 170 or 200?

Thanks, I was thinking a reasonalbe price for rockers.

Chevy you can buy for about $3 a piece for the 300. Ive got about $1,000 total in a performance rebuild in my 200 including new larger valves. Now I've got to spend almost half of that just for a good set of rockers. I know that if money is an issue go the easy and rebuild a V. That is the hole reason for building these six's, because its a challenge, and lets face it, its fun. So do you know of any mods to a rocker arm to get the performance without spending $400 or $500.
By the way, Justin, what new Dizzy did you get. Sorry to read about your gear breaking.

$3 Chevy rockers??? That stamped steel studded pushrod rubbing guideplate monkey motion stuff is a joke. The Ford adjustable rockers are a performance rocker. All serious performance motors use shaft rockers. Sure the roller tip is nice but it costs more. If it's not in the budget, Mike offers some adjustable ones for $145. What are you looking for, more ratio? Just get a cam with the specs you want. What I'd worry about is correct spring pressure and stiffer push rods. Just make sure the rockers don't bind on anything. Push rod cup, spring retainer just grind to clear.

Of interest, I have it on good authority that at speed the roller tip does not roll back and forth across the tip, it spins in one direction only.

I picked up nice adjustable set for $20 on ebay, so it's worth checking out for a deal, like:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Ford-1966-6-cylinder ... dZViewItem
Also got brand spankin' new bare shaft as well, but I sure would like to know what part # those roller rockers are on the one's Mike sells so I could put together a set for myself a bit more cheaply.
Any one know where I could get set of roller rockers? :)
I don't think they would be a custom thing, would they? More likely a small block Ford part?

More likely a small block Ford part?

I'm thinking more likely a big block Ford part (FE series since those used shaft-mounted rockers, unlike the small block Fords). But I don't even know if the shafts are the same size.

mach1 mark":r2s3eon3 said:
By the way, Justin, what new Dizzy did you get. Sorry to read about your gear breaking.

i got a stock one from wut i think was a Maverick in a junk yard and swapped my pertronix stuff into it and popped her in

Back