Conversion to serpentine belt

robbinsj

Has anyone done a conversion to a serpentine belt on a 250 (with AC)? Are parts available for anyone brave enough to try?
-Joey

I am working on one for my 200 (will include a crank trigger too)

none exists that will bolt on.

the reason to swap is you get better poer transmission (can spin bigger alternators, superchargers etc) with lower belt tension (longer lasting belts less flex in brackets and will retain the belt better.

I thought someone some where (to many fourms to rember) but a 2.3 4 cyl.Just I thought I seen so don't scream.Ken N.

2.3 L pulleys are a damn near fit on the 200. water pump bolts on and the crank pulley has the slightest of play in it (knurl the crank?) the crank pulley needs shimmed out though about 1/2" or so. on the 2.3L though the seal rides directly on the crank and not the pulley so the seal interface is unknown there.

The damper/pulley off an Aussie OHC will fit, but OD is reasonably large and may interfere with the belt run.

When you say 2.3 4 cyl, are you talking OHC or OHV motor? If you are talking OHV, they didn't get serp's until 92, or they didn't get a full serp package.

My 91 has a serp for the crank, PS, and tensioner. The Alt is driven via v belt off of the PS, and the water pump is driven via V belt off of the crank (I believe, I'd have to check my belt routing diagram).

Back