good price on original metal head gaskets

ochretoe

I have a chance to buy 12 original metal head gaskets for a 200. The guy wants $80 shipped for all 12. They are still bundled together. What are they worth and does anybody want one or more? He emailed me a pic of them but I can't get it post. If somone is willing I will forward the email so they can be sure they are the right gasket. Thanks
Steve[/img]

Eighty bucks is an awesome price. Take it There are a number of us, including me, that will gladly buy one or two each from you.

that's 6,66 for each gasket. Pretty good deal for NOS, I'd say, but then again, where I live I have to pay 25 for a FelPro composite gasket.

If you end up buying them and want to share, I'd take three.

I'd be happy to take a couple for spares on the shelf too at that price.
If you don't want to risk it, let me know, I'll buy 'em.

Mike.

ochretoe":3ron2877 said:
I have a chance to buy 12 original metal head gaskets for a 200. The guy wants $80 shipped for all 12. They are still bundled together. What are they worth and does anybody want one or more? He emailed me a pic of them but I can't get it post. If somone is willing I will forward the email so they can be sure they are the right gasket. Thanks
Steve[/img]

The original metal shim gaskets for 144's & 170's often turn up for sale. They usually are " FEL-PRO 7916" stamped and are for the common bore size of both engines of 3.50'.

IF you have a source for steel shim gaskets for the 200/250 bore size of 3.68" - BUY THEM!!, I'll buy what you can't use. These are not available and do not turn up for sale that I am aware of. In a recent post I discussed the possibility of reusing a 200/250 steel gasket due to the unavailability new ones.

Powerband 8)

100_2003.jpg

PS - I could indeed use one or more if they are 200/250 gskts.

I got everyones IM's. I will try and nail down for sure what size they are monday. If they are 200cid I will sell 10 of them at about $15 each plus shipping. Right now I have 9 spoken for including the 2 I want. Again I have a pic of the gasket I can send to someone to confirm if it can be done just from looking at a pic. They guy with them is not a parts dealer, he just lucked into a bunch of original service dept parts.

Original metal shim gaskets for 144's & 170's They usually are " FEL-PRO 7916" stamped and are for the common bore size of both engines of 3.50'.

I have 2 of these steel shim gaskets for the 144's & 170's.

If interested i will sell both of them for $30.00+$7.50 shipping in the USA= $37.50

PM me if interested, William

I have an early OEM steel gasket (C0DE 6051C) which of course only applies to the 144 and 170 engines. The actual bore size on the gasket is right around 3.6" at the smallest points. Are there still enough people out there working on 144s and 170s that this particular gasket might be worth anything? :unsure: I got it from an eBayer who claimed it suited the 200 and 250 as well. :roll: If I had known the FoMoCo part number on it, I would have known that was not true. :x

Here's a pic :) of what I have.
I just checked the shiny new one against a junkyard pull off a '78-79 F/Z and it would appear to be exactly identical.

Off my website,

Ford 144-170 CID CODE-6051A CODE-6051C
Aftermarket 144-170 CID Fel-Pro 7916 SH, Victor 1163BS, McCord 6483
Ford 200 CID C3OZ-6051A C5AZ-6051B
Ford 250 CID C9DZ-6051B

drag-200stang":1fldyv3r said:
I looked at a used 200-250 shim gasket that I have and the number is C9DE-6051B. Hope this helps.

The guy just sent me partial number that was on the gasgets. It is
COAE-C
That is all he could find on them. Any ideas what its for?

If it starts with C0, that means it's a 1960 engineering number. That also means it's for the smaller bore 144 engine. It will only work on the 144 and 170. :(

I just talked with the guy with steel gaskets. It looks like they are for a 170. If anyone is interested in them I can give you email and you can deal with him direct. He's a good guy and wants these older parts to go to folks who can use them.

Back