Demon or holley?

yodabiri

Which one is better? The holley 2 bbl 350cfm or the demon 2bbl 350 cfm? The holley is cheaper, but the demon just looks cool! haha Is one better than the other in any way? Any opinions?

Thank you very much!

I know more people here have Holley...but I see the deomns on the car overhaul shows

I guess what I am saying is I know which one is cheaper and which looks better....which isnt the same one

they are basicly the same carb. I forgot what the price difference is but if I were to do it over again I think I could go demon. they look blingin and I am told they are built to better tolerances for fit and finish.

IF I stay carb much longer I might ditch my 350 holley for a demon as I am having some problems with it (was a cheap rebuilt carb)

FWIW.....we tried both on Kelly's car with the Log head. The Holley was a 350cfm very used and worked well with blow-thru boost, but didn't do so good as a normal, daily driven carb. But it was a pretty beat up old carb.
It worked fine but just didn't idle very smooth or have a nice smooth transition. We didn't really realize this until we put on the Demon....

The Demon was a 500cfm, didn't work very well at all under boosted conditions, but worked very well just cruising around town. The idle quality improved, the "off idle" acceleration was better. But I just couldn't get enough fuel through it under boost. It would also go lean. I did all of the normal "blow-thru" mods to it and it just wouldn't cooperate.
Now this wasn't exactly an apples-to-apples comparison, but just what we observed.

Both carbs will work fine. I agree that the Demon looks better. But you could get the Holley, tear it down and get it powdercoated. :D
Later,
Will

Thank you for your responses! I am considering the demon, more than the holley actually. Also there is a choice of electric or manual choke. Which one is better and are there any pros and cons to each?

Thank you!

I'd get the demon. So far I've had good luck with the 4bbl one I put on my 4X4 plus it comes with an electric choke already on it. If you buy the Holley from Jeg's it's 270.99 with manual choke plus the price of an electric choke kit will put it to about 313.00, where as the Demon at 314.99 will only cost 2 dollars more.

Back