Looking for a good machine shop in Los Angeles area.

A

Anonymous

I am looking to rebuild a 200 cid for my Ranchero. Any recommendations for a machine shop in the Los Angeles or San Fernando Valley area?

This is a daily driver, so I am concerned chiefly with longevity and reliability. So, if you any suggestions for the rebuild which may help me attain longevity, I would like to hear them! Thank you.

In El Monte, zip 91733, there's a place called El Monte head. They do all the machine work for my engines. My grandpa's engine just got a full build from them, and it runs primo. If you want their information, just give me a hollar, and I'll get their number. Real nice guy that owns it.

Thank you, gentlemen. Interesting both are in El Monte.

El Monte is a good place to look for shops. If you wanna stop by my grandpa's house tomorrow, I'll take you down there and we can talk to the owner. =D

Edit: Wow! JMS is about 5 minutes from my favorite Little Caesar's! =D I'll be willing to take you to both, they're quite close to each other, if you wanna talk to both of them.

Hi
I used Davidson Machine shop in Reseda for my head once we had modified it to accept the Offy manifold. My local parts place recommended him. He did really nice work, not cheap though. We needed 3 valve seats, 2 cracks welded, all new valves and valve guides so he did do quite a bit of work. He might be under Michael Davidson machine shops. When I do the motor from the bottom up I will not go anywhere else. If you need a phone number or address let me know and I will find them for you.
Hope this helps
Jett

Try Eddings over in Sylmar. Ther're good but slow. They do anything from a stock rebuild to a racing engine.

Mike

Eddings did a good job on my brothers 225 Valiant motor not too long ago.

Also there Villegas Motorsports in Castiac area, super nice guy who builds out of his garage. He does alot of motors for the Valley Ford club and use to build drag boats motors. Mild to Wild. PM for his phone number ( I don't want to post it w/o his permission).

I also highly suggest getting the Ford six performance handbook.

http://falconperformance.sundog.net/

A great book for the price. Lots of info. The better informed you are, the more you'll understand and do it right the first time. These sixes are a different breed motor and the book will help you get the most for your money

Back