where is the oil going....

I wish I could figure out how to do those quote things so I could answer everybody's questions separately.....

I have never heard of a leak down test. Can you fill me in on how that works?????

ponyboy14":3l8rpto6 said:
I wish I could figure out how to do those quote things so I could answer everybody's questions separately.....

I have never heard of a leak down test. Can you fill me in on how that works?????

Click on the little "quote" icon in the top right corner of the message you want to reply to.
Then, type BELOW the text in the box that comes up next.
It's that easy... :)

PhantomAce said:
ponyboy14 said:

Click on the little "quote" icon in the top right corner of the message you want to reply to.
It's that easy... :)

So that's how you do it!!! I've been visiting this board for years and never figured it out. Thanks for the info.

Damn, didn't work. Stupid computers...........

Wish they had a tutorial for this site.....

I need to find the spell check next ;)

mugsy":336f63kz said:
darn, didn't work. Stupid computers...........

Wish they had a tutorial for this site.....

I need to find the spell check next ;)

mugsy did you click on the Icon at the right of the post you wanted to quote?? it at the top of the message where it shows the date the massage was posted??
tim

I think he has BBCode turned off in his profile, everything looks good in his post. To test it, I copied and pasted his exact code into this message.
PhantomAce":2xwmc2tc said:
ponyboy14":2xwmc2tc said:

It's that easy...

yep, looks good, you need to check your profile.
BBCodeOn.jpg

Also check that you have the boxes below the post unchecked
BBCodeCheckPost.jpg

-ron

Yup, clicked on the "quote" button to the top right. What is BBCode anyway? Oh well. Never heard of that. Thanks for the info, and sorry I hi-jacked this thread...... And now back to your regular channel.... So is it still leaking oil?

tanx,
Mugsy

Well I blocked off the dipstick tube and took her out for a long drive. Got back and once again it's wet with oil underneath the fuel pump and bottom edge of the block. Has anyone ever leaked oil where the fuel pump bolts on???? I just put on a new fuel pump and it's tight.

Here's my take. For one reason or another, you have excess crankcase pressure.

The fuel pump is in a place that will get appreciably splashed with oil, so internal pressure may well force it out mating faces.

Some testing independent of the original mechanic, is your best next step.

I just got done fighting a leaking Fuel pumps...the ones I bought had a seep hole in it for some reason...spraying just a little oil on the side of the motors when driving the hiways.

Frank

Back