head intake modifications

pacer

Is it possible to remove the log intake off of the head and weld on a larger dia. tubing or piping and mounting a 2bbl or 4bbl intake adapter to it?? This would allow you to port and polish the intake ports??

yes it is possible. Just use a hack saw or a die grinder and cut away. With out the stock log you can easily port/polish and then create your own manifold for greater performance. Here are a few picture of the log manifold cut off.

curtis

Thanks for the info! It appears that the N.American head has different looking intake ports for each cylinder. Is this true or is it just the way the 'log' was cut off??

the early style head(1965-1968) has pretty even shaped ports, as seen in the third picture but the later style head isnt as consistant in size(second picture)

Thankyou for that info. I wonder why Ford would have changed the port designs?? I guess anything to make our lives difficult. :LOL: I love a challenge anything but a 5.0L I had one and loved it!!! I put one in a VOLVO 760 fun fun fun!!!! Love the motor. But I want a nicely restored 1980 Mustang LX with a 200ci-250ci inline-6 any fool can put a 302-351ci v-8 in a fox body mustang!!!!

Back