Gas pedal problems can be solved for $40

matt1967

Famous Member
I'm posting this here because it applies to both 6cyl Falcon's and Mustangs, not to 1 or the other, and has to do with the 2bbl mod.

If there is no available donor car, for the cable operated gas pedal. Speedway Motors sells there Problem Saver Pedal P/N 913-55005. this can be easilly mod'd to accept a factory pedal pad from the existing Ford assembly. All you have to do is cut off the spoon, and the part of the pedal that turns outward, drill the appropriate size hole, in the new pedal shaft, use a small bolt, and some washers as spacers, and attach the factory ford pedal pad into the new Problem Saver Pedal. for $40, it comes with a 23" cable, bolts to firewall with 3 bolts, and to cut the auto Kickdown confusion w/ the C4, get a Holley throttle cable bracket w/ auto kickdown cable bracket. lokar sells a kit for a C4 kickdown, the P/N is KD-20C4HT, sells for about $60

Sounds great, I have been trying to come up with an alternative to whats in my 62'. Got any pictures of this setup?

Gil

The other option, look for a V-8 gas pedal assembly for your car. Most have a direct pull arm that is easy to set up a cable with and they look more original. I used it on my Aussie 4V set up. I need to get my website working again and I can post it.

Slade

I don't have any pics of the setup right now. I have the pedal mod'd and the Ford pedal pad is installed.. I don't have it in my car yet, but I have test fit it, and it will work great. I will take pics installed and uninstalled.

Back