250 flywheel question

wife's65

I have access to a 250 auto combo out of a '77 Granada and was thinking about changing the tranny to a T5 (I have a Ford T5 sitting in my garage all ready to go :unsure:: ). My question is, where can I find a flywheel for this setup? Can it be purchased new from any vendors out there or must I search the junkyards for an old manual trans Maverick to get one?

8) you can take a flywheel from a 302 and have it rebalanced to a zero balance.

There are also SBF "Neutral Balance" flywheels available for bolt on 28/52 oz weights. You can leave the weights off for 250/six use. I'm using a CAT Performance brand lighter than stock FW I picked up on E-BAy for @ $ 75.

Powerband

powerband":2dc87g2b said:
There are also SBF "Neutral Balance" flywheels available for bolt on 28/52 oz weights. You can leave the weights off for 250/six use. I'm using a CAT Performance brand lighter than stock FW I picked up on E-BAy for @ $ 75.

Powerband

That's what I did.

I think a 300 uses a 164 tooth flywheel; you want a 157 tooth.

Make sure the flywheel matches the bell housing. The starters are in different places measured out from the center of the flywheel. The 164 tooth flywheel will not fit inside the 157 tooth bell housing.

That is the route I was going to go as well.. I was just wondering though about the quality of these flywheels since they're Chinese made. Maybe inquire with some Mustang people who may have used them. I was going to have mine balanced with my 250's rotating assembly prior to using it since I'll have the motor apart anyway.. I'm sure they're fine, but as they say...

Back