2 barrel

I changed to a cable throttle from a 74 Maverick ($20 at the junkyard).

IMG_2415.JPG-thumb_269_202.jpg

And then mounted like this:

Image-E6EB9643B6AE11DC.jpg

Not sure what you mean about the warming plate- do you mean choke? I have an electric choke now.

Good luck!

With regards to the small intake openning relative to the increased capacity of the 2bbl carb:
Granted there is a restriction throught the adapter and the stock openning. However, it really only comes into play at wide open throttle and at the higher rpm's. 90% of your driving is a some partial throttle openning. (It is probably actually something less than 95% of the driving is a partial throttle). So you aren't trying to cram 2 bbl's worth of air into the same openning (at least for most of your driving). Think of it in terms of the restrictor plate that NASCAR runs. It really affects their top end terminal speed where the air volume is much greater.
Doug

Not sure what you mean about the warming plate- do you mean choke? I have an electric choke now.

its were the water comes in to heat up the carb ill take a pic and post it if that helps

Pony isn't quite right on this - the hole does pose a restriction, but since the weber poses less of a restriction than the autolite, the system as a hole (no pun intended) breathes better.

The posting above is also dead on - air friction loss is proportional to the square of the velocity, as such, the effects are fairly minimal to a point at which they become exceedingly restrictive. Similar effect with Ram Air: it doesn't kick in until high speeds since the static pressure at the intake is proportional to the square of the vehicle speed. Remember the parabolic curves from grade9 trig? Same deal.

You're better off with the Weber.

well im going to do this hole lil set up, you say go Webber but i know holley kinda lost witch should i use?? witch will give me better performance

If you want to have a staright forward answer the weber will give better economy because of the progressive system. Howvere there will not be as large of a gain as with the holley also if future upgrades are being done the weber will restrict the engine the holley will breathe better.

o ok, well thats what i want to go with i just got a new head for my 67 its a later modle 200 head but offers better air flow. and a bigger port for the carberator so i can get a bigger carberator addaptor

Back