Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Appearance

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • To be Different

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
The engine came with the car, but I'm real happy about it. I wouldn't have met Mike, Dennis, Anthony, and Micheal if I had a v8 under the hood. The simplicity of it is also pretty awesome.

You will know how I voted based on my explanation.

I love inline sixes. In stock form (which mine is) they are pretty underpowered when you add p/s, a/c and automatic transmission in a 3000 lb car but:
1. There's only one cylinder head.
2. There's room to work on it with it installed.
3. Single bbl carbs are sooooo easy.
4. Everyone else throws them away in favor of V8s.
5. They simply look cool.

Not a hard decision for me. When you do the 'All Ford Day' and there are more "genuine" GT Falcons than were ever actually produced, it's quite easy to be different. Among the v8 build ups, hot rods & 'pimped out' masses (I almost rang the enforcer's car protection agency a couple of times! :LOL:) only 1 other 2v was anywhere to be seen. A rusty, non-running beast sittting, 4 sale, atop a car trailer.
Was a couple years ago and I haven't been since, get my fix here now.

First car (XB Falcon) had a 250 & C4 auto
eventually found a 2V head and a big cam, along with a toploader for it
couldnt keep clutches in it
eventually pulled it for a 302 & C4
first drive was VERY disappointing
The 2V ended up in a cortina sports sedan and didnt it go well in a straight line. Typical cortina couldnt go around corners.

2nd car was a XF with alloy crossflow head & weber carb
That got upgraded to EFI and wasnt that a good thing. Would pull a horse float or car trailer at 120kmh if you wanted
At the same time I started racing HQ holdens, 202 6 cylinder with single barrell carb, used to run them at about 14:1. Was unreal how well they went with a 3 speed manual. 120mph at turn 1 of Eastern creek in one of them was great fun.

Sold the XF and bought a EF wagon with 4.0 OHC engine. It remained stock, it went well as it was.
Current drive is an AU with an updated version of the 4.0L
On a side note Im now pit crewing for a mate who has an AU Saloon car. It (same 4.0L six) makes about 300+hp and lots of torque.
have a look at them here http://www.salooncars.net.au/

Gas Mileage! Gas Mileage! and to be Different.. I've got a 66 fastback mustang with a

302 - 4 speed, and an Edelbrock 750CFM Carburator.. Getting 12mpg on that sucker..

its a nice car and all but its a weekend car. I'm planning to go back to school next

year and I need a reliable everyday car. I've got a 66 coupe mustang that I plan to

use.. waiting on Mike's Aluminum Head.. I've got 90 percent of all the parts I will

need for my project. EFI would be a nice idea.. but it will have to wait for now..

...to be different.
I used to drive a 71' mustang Mach 1with a 351C in it.
While driving that one I purchased/restored a 55 Nash Metropolitan and really liked the idea that this car was not the normal V8 setup.
After that it was a 1952 Dodge B3B pickup -- talk about hard to find parts.
...and now after selling the 71' Mach 1, I wanted another Mustang and was really happy when this '69 with an I6 came along.....and my kids can sit in the engine bay while we work on it :)

Steve...

so i picked the econ/MPG choice but I really picked it for reliability and torque. that and an I-6 will live forever and do everything a v'd motor will

A sixty four two door
Ford Falcon Six
With a souped up crossflow
Mickey Thompson slicks
T-5 tranny commin up from the floor
Stand on her gas and blow off the doors

Ford Falcon six
Shes my Ford Falcon six
Australian crossflow
Mickey Thompson slicks
Duraspark fire burns up a straight line
T-5 transmission keeps your eight far behind

I met my baby on a cold winters night
I was under her hood tryin to tune her up right
A coil so hot can't cool down her spark
In the hot summers air
We made light from the dark

Ford Falcon six shes a Ford Falcon six
With a port and polished crossflow
And some Mickey Thompson slicks
She's my only salvation
She's my ticket out of town
She's my only real hope
To make lost become found

Her daddy said son keep away from my baby
Take that little two door devil
Thats a fact not a maybe
That crossflow head breathin under your hood
Is to fast for this town
It does no one no good

Ford Falcon six shes a Ford Falcon six
With a port and polished crossflow
And some Mickey Thompson slicks
She's my only salvation
She's my ticket out of town
As I rip up a two lane
Flesh and asphalt now bound

I left my baby
Like her daddy said I should
And headed for that line
That's never understood
Standin on my crossflow
On that hot summers night
Was the first time I knew
It would never be alright

Ford Falcon six
She's a Ford Falcon six
Australian Crossflow
Mickey Thompson slicks
The fire that burned
Deep down in my soul
Is the last fuel I had
As I let this life go

Ford Falcon six

Hell,I voted for the 'new' "All Of The Above" option. Plus I have more than enough of them(both in Vehicles and out of 'em...)laying around :roll: . And yes,it was cool to re-activate this old thread 8) . ~OO6/Steph.

when i was a kid I always built V8s last year i bought a 67 mustang with a 6 at a good deal ,had the intention of throwing another 8 in it but I found this site and all the parts CUSTOM INLINE sells now im obsessed on this project someting different,,, now at car shows im checking out the 6 cyl cars they seem to draw more interest than the others and im impressed at what can be done ive had alot of questions answered on this site and have learned alot from everyone

Back