250 converter

Seems that they should being that neither one has a ring gear and the balance (or lack of) is on the flexplate. I'm getting ready to put a 250/c4 combo in my fairlane and all the trans parts are from a 302. Of course, I need to get the 250 flexplate still.

Yes, they are exactly the same.
Flexplates are the same too, except that they are "neutral balanced" (zero balanced).

Will

I took a 302 flexplate and just took off the weight. I figured the balance was at the weight itself. Now you got me thinking :unsure:

Ya, me too. It's been in the back of my mind for a while now... took off the the removable wieghts from a flywheel, similar deal. I asked the sellar and he said that it's zero balance once I removed the wieghts. Have slight vibration that's not at the same rpm, but at different speeds in different gears ...on my to do list.

I've noticed a little vibration over 6000 rpm, but nothing that has scared me yet. :rolflmao:

And I did use the TC from a 289 and it works great. Make sure your tooth count is right on the flexplate to match your starter, which also came off the sacrificial V8.

66shelby":ond5t05c said:
I've noticed a little vibration over 6000 rpm, but nothing that has scared me yet.

And I did use the TC from a 289 and it works great. Make sure your tooth count is right on the flexplate to match your starter, which also came off the sacrificial V8.

actually the flexplate needs to match the bellhousing not the starter.

Back