my new Mav is pretty fast!

250mav

i bought it yesterday. guy towed it home for me. it had a little bit of a miss as you came off idle. i pulled the plugs. they were all black. not oily, they were just covered in soot i guess. like the inside of your tail pipe.

so i changed the plugs.

i hadnt had the chance to open it up on the highway but it does peel out extreamly well pulling away from a light :shock:

my other 250/c4 maverick... not so much...

it still doesnt feel "right" though. think the timing needs to be adjusted. the carb is brand new so hopefully its OK

l_13993e95ebb83d4602817276490bf3aa.jpg

That's a good looking Mav.
Looks like you have the stuff to do on the house while you have car stuff to do.
I used to have a rule, not more than one night in Newark, PM if curious. That bank got bought out (hint hint)

no, those are stock small bumpers. its a '72

the black 76 got the swap.

thats not even my house. my girlfriend lets me keep all the crap i want there. thats her dad ripping the house apart :LOL:

matter of fact i just got home from cruising. if you go out at night on a weekday theres no traffic around here. that thing definatly hauls @$$ :shock:

the miss starts to get a little noticable into 3rd so i backed off it.

how many mavericks do u have?looks to be in good shape!!looks like you almost have your own maverick club there.

70 grabber":3dowp39j said:
how many mavericks do u have?looks to be in good shape!!looks like you almost have your own maverick club there.

the black one is a '76 2dr with a small bumper swap to look like a '70-72

and the white blue/car is my daily driver. 1976 mercury Comet 4dr LDO 250/c4.

i beat the crap out of that car and she's still kicking

Try setting the timing with a vacuum gauge until you reach the highest vacuum reading. If you use a timing light, try 12 deg. That should help it out nicely. If it pings after that, just retard the timing until the pinging stops. ;)

Back