Messed something up pretty bad

It still may be useful as a six hole window planter, anchor for a medium sized yaught, poor mans wrecking ball, mail box base. The list goes on and on but as an engine it looks pretty much done.

cobraguy":1bes6lbw said:
It still may be useful as a six hole window planter, anchor for a medium sized yaught, poor mans wrecking ball, mail box base. The list goes on and on but as an engine it looks pretty much done.

pessimists ;)

its not all that bad, really. you have two options: 1) fix this one 2) find another one. i don't know how hard it is to get another 250, but i would think fixing this one would be a better option.

the block will most likely need overbored, that cylinder wall looks like it was scratched up pretty bad. you can add flat top pistons when you do this, because theyre about the same price as replacement ones.

the head will most likely need resurfaced, the block might also, so that will up your compression, too.

the head will need new valve seats, and probably require larger valves. mike's got what you need, and your 250 will appreciate the extra breathing ability. you could also have the valves back cut and the head ported, ect. while its there.

you can get new 302 valve springs for fairly cheap to replace your old ones, and they're strong enough to use with an aftermarket cam. if you have the money for that. so there's positives too, it just depends how you look at it. :)

so this block looks like its still in savable condition if i wanted to have some bore work done?

unless im lucky enough to find someone local doing av8 swap i dont think ill be finding a decent 250 locally tho i do kno someone with a head. i just dont want to brake the bank. what would be a good budget to work with?

250mav":l9vck823 said:
so this block looks like its still in savable condition if i wanted to have some bore work done?

unless im lucky enough to find someone local doing av8 swap i dont think ill be finding a decent 250 locally tho i do kno someone with a head. i just dont want to brake the bank. what would be a good budget to work with?

i don't see why not. it would probably be worth it to get that head, though. i would go to your machine shop and talk with them about how much they think it will cost to repair yours, but it will most likely be more than buying a new one.

If you would be interested in driving to Southern Maryland I know someone who just did a V-8 swap in a 69 Mustang and he offered me the running 250 that he pulled for 100 dollars.

If you would be interested in driving to Southern Maryland I know someone who just did a V-8 swap in a 69 Mustang and he offered me the running 250 that he pulled for 100 dollars

how far south?
Seriously, how far south can Southern Maryland be? ;) It only looks to be about 125 miles from the north to the south border at its widest points. Being raised in Western states, I guess you get used to driving further.:LOL:
Doug

ha yea. i live in the north east corner of DE right against MD. the southern tip of de is about 2.5 hours/130miles away. i can probably get anywhere in MD in about 3 hours i bet

The engine is in Hollywood MD, that's about 45 minutes south of Waldorf on Route 235. Let me know if you are interested and I will get with the guy before he gets rid of the engine.

Back