new 200 plus oz2v head help

wtrmrk

Got myself a rebuilt 200 bored 0.040 over and getting ready to rebuild my oz2v head for it. Its a 69 block with 40 over dished pistons. First off do the aussie 2v's have hardened seats? and are the chambers 62cc's like the late us heads? I drive my econo every day to work but under 5000 miles a year so always run 91 octane fuel as I only but gas in it once a month. I'm looking for around 9.0 - 9.5 compression with a mild cam for low end (1000-4000 rpm) power. I hardly ever get over 60 mph but like to play while crusing around. How much should I have milled off the head and do I really need to deck the block? Its gonna be a 200 with a 2v head, dual out headers and a holley 350 2brl carb. 150 to 175 horsepwower is my goal. thanks for your thaughts. as there isn't to many six guys up in northwest montana

That's a lot of HP for a 200.

Chambers will be less than 58cc at present and they can be milled somewhat, but you'll need to shoot for positive deck - pistons out the block - by up to 15 thou. People are afraid of this,but it won't hurt.

Choose some hypereutectic pistons with a small dish. Stock cast may not be so durable, and forged would be the wrong choice.

sorry for the miss understanding as this is not rear wheel hourse power but flywheel with no accesories. 100 to back tires should be more than enough for what I want. I'm still stuck in the old ways of measuring things. So with that in mind with the chambers around 58c's just bolting the oz head on as is will this still give me close to 9.0 to 1 compression?

I'd doubt the motor will give that sort of compression "as-is". You need to measure what piston dish volume is there at present, and what the deck height is.

It'll work as a bolt-on, and probably better than a log head for power - but economy will be poor and the overall potential for output won't be massive.

addo,

According to the following quote mraley was getting 176 with a stock bottom end, 264 cam, aussie head, holley 350 (built by wsa), and a dui. Seems easy enough.

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:10 pm Post subject: D.U.I INSTALLED WITH DYNO RESULTS AND PICS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I had the opportunity to test out the new D.U.I. Dizzy and let me say I am amazed at the change in performance.

First, It looks sharp. It will catch many an eye when you raise your hood. In my opinion This ranks as one of the best modifications I have done.

Installation was no problem. It is alot bigger as you can see from a stock dizzy, even bigger than the Duraspark II system that I was running.

For comparison, I ran two dyno's today. One before the install on the Duraspark II system, then later in the day with new D.U.I.

Before we go into the results, let me back track to last summer before I did the T-5 Swap. Below are the results from my last dyno that was done in July 2005. The temp. outside was in the 90's. My understanding is that dyno results will vary depending on humidity and temperature.

This is the 3rd run over a period of about a year. This run was made to see how many horses we gained at the rear wheels by adding an Aussie Head and a Holley 350. Previously we were running a 250 Head and a Holley-Weber Progressive 2 Barrel.

Before:
Max HorsePower 119.7 @ 5100

Max Torque 143.3 @ 3100

Top Speed 120 @ 5200 RPM

After

Max Horsepower 139.8 @ 5100
Max Torque 164.7 @ 3150

Didn't to top Speed this time....

Now....The following dyno is the before and after the install today. It was a much cooler day, about 75 and very low humidity.

Before..............

163.5 at 5100 RPM's at Rear Wheels
192.6 Max Torque at 3150

After

176.7 at 5170 RPM's at Rear Wheels
202.10 Max Torque at 3270

To sum it up...The new D.U.I. produced 13.20 more HP at the

Bob, thanks for the info, IIRC Mraley got pretty much the same results with an increase of about 13 hp and 9ft. lbs of torque after installing the D.U.I. With 2 different cars getting almost the same increases that speaks volumes for that part.

82F100":rpl4mfsr said:
Bob, thanks for the info, IIRC Mraley got pretty much the same results with an increase of about 13 hp and 9ft. lbs of torque after installing the D.U.I. With 2 different cars getting almost the same increases that speaks volumes for that part.

I do believe what Bob posted are Mraley's results.

interesting, so soon as I get a chance I'm gonna measure the piston dish and the deck hieght and the current cc's on the oz head and let you guys know. that was the kinda power I was thinking it would make.

Back