Calif Trying to crush our cars again

hotrodbob

In an effort to avoid public scrutiny, California Assemblyman Dave Jones (Assemblymember.jones@assembly.ca.gov) has amended a completely unrelated bill with language to require annual Smog check inspections for vehicles 15-years old and older. This represents an obvious attempt to sneak through legislation in the closing days of the legislative session that had been previously defeated (A.B. 616). The new bill is designated as A.B. 3053.

While pre-1976 motor vehicles would remain exempt under existing California law, this proposal ignores the fact that vehicles 15-years old and older still constitute an extremely small portion of the overall vehicle population and are a poor source from which to look for emissions reduction. Furthermore, the bill would direct that the funds generated through annual inspection fees be used to scrap our antique and collector cars. This represents another attempt by California legislators and regulators to scapegoat antique and collector cars.

This is the type of activity that fuels distrust in public officials. SEMA caught this lawmaker’s underhanded attempt to circumvent public process and is now calling on you to help defeat A.B 3053 before it’s too late.

This bill is a direct attack on my hobby and the industry I work in as well as the cars I drive.

Please defeat this unfair bill.

Send this note or one like it to the following people:

[email='Assemblymember.jones@assembly.ca.gov]'Assemblymember.jones@assembly.ca.gov[/email]'; [email='senator.torlakson@sen.ca.gov]'senator.torlakson@sen.ca.gov[/email]'; [email='senator.aanestad@sen.ca.gov]'senator.aanestad@sen.ca.gov[/email]'; [email='senator.ashburn@sen.ca.gov]'senator.ashburn@sen.ca.gov[/email]'; [email='senator.cedillo@sen.ca.gov]'senator.cedillo@sen.ca.gov[/email]'; [email='senator.dutton@sen.ca.gov]'senator.dutton@sen.ca.gov[/email]'; [email='senator.florez@sen.ca.gov]'senator.florez@sen.ca.gov[/email]'; [email='senator.kuehl@sen.ca.gov]'senator.kuehl@sen.ca.gov[/email]'; [email='senator.runner@sen.ca.gov]'senator.runner@sen.ca.gov[/email]'; [email='senator.simitian@sen.ca.gov]'senator.simitian@sen.ca.gov[/email]'

Back