Jetting on Autolite 1100 for a 200ci

salty_monk

Going to be replacing my "loadamatic" system with Duraspark soon & hope to change the Holley with spark port for a rebuilt 1100 I got off of here so I can use the correct port for Vac advance.

Couple of questions:

Was told it came from a 250, what jets should I be looking for when I open it up in order to work well with the 200?

Anyway to convert the choke over to a manual choke (my manifold doesn't have a connection for this one which seems to need some kind of thermocouple or something (not electronic) to work?

Thanks,

Dan :)

Manual Choke conversion, $9.49 @ JC Whitney.
G_15632G_SW_1.gif
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...1/Ntk-AllTextSearchGroup?Ntt=manual+choke+kit

Howdy Dan:

We're going to need a little more info to help you with your 1100 rebuild.

If your 1100 does not have a SCV it is from 1968 or '69 and it will be down on CFM. 156 compared to 185 or '67 and earlier 200. Unless this is a Calif Emmissions carb from 1966 & '67. All will have a correct ported vacuum source for your new distributor. What you gain with a Dura Spark II ignition will not make up for the loss in cfm. The difference in cfm in the smog/non-smog carbs is the diameter of the venturi, or the narrowest part of the inside of the carb throat. The smog carbs measure 1.1". The earlier 200 1100s measure 1.2".

1100s never were used on 250 engines. If it came off of a 250 it is a 1101. If it is from a 1969 Mustang with a 250 engine, you are in luck. The 1101 is rated at 215 cfm. This is the only version of the 1101 that has a ported vacuum source for the DS II.

The dead give-away is the diameter of the throttle bore in the base of the carbs. 200 1100 = 1 7/16". 250 1101 = 1 11/16".

I would not worry about rejetting until you have it on and running. Jetting on these carbs was never a one-size-fits-all. Jet sizes varied based on trans, vehicle, location, emissons and happenstance. No stock jet is every always right. Best thing to do is to run it as is and assess from there.

That should get you started in assessing what you have. Let us know the details.

Adios, David

Thanks, that info is great, I'll pick up the manual choke conversion & take a better look at the carb when I get back to the USA in a week or so.
It will be simple for me to measure the carb & I'll also take some pics to post & look for other numbers on the castings etc.

Thanks again,

Dan :)

I hate to hijack, but I have a quick related question. Where do you get Autolite jets or are they the same as Holley jets?

Howdy Dave:

This really should be a new topic and a "sticky". Since the Autolite Corp. stopped making the one barrels in/around 1970, jets have been hard to come by. They are not the same as Holley. They also have their own numbering system.

The best source used to be your local Ford Dealer parts window. You might try there first as some are not very good a getting rid of old stock. The next best sorce used to be gleaning from carbs in the recycle yard. Autolite 2 barrels 2100s after '64 use the same jets.

There are several sources online- Check out the Ford Carburetor Forum. There are several advertizers on there that are pretty easy to deal with. And, Pony Carb in Las Cruzes, NM always has them in stock.

Adios, David

Back