250CID project, i need advice

grendi_250ci":22ue5odl said:
i bought a L-code stang in april and now i'm at the point where most of the work that had to be done is finished and the fun part can begin.

my goal for the motor is getting 200-230PS at the flywheel.

i’m planning to get the aluminum cylinder head + advanced induction package as well as some other stuff next year, and i already have headers in my garage waiting to get installed.

do you thing spending some $ for a DUI ignition is a good idea on a stock engine, or should i wait until i get the other stuff and invest the 400-500$ on something else?

To quote my friend the machinist:
It's just Horsepower per cubic dollar ...

'Not good at advice but I'll encourage you - a serious 250 build will yield an awesome torque beast. The last 25% of your power gains will cost the last 75% of the build. The DUI is a great addition with the performance package you're planning.

I'm running a DS I setup with a GM trigger and hope to add the DUI soon. Upgrading from points to electronic ignition revealed the 250's muscle ( powerband).

IGNWIRING1.jpg

ENGINERADFROMFRTRT.jpg

looking at your 3 carb setup i already know that you went past the point that i'm planing to go.

I'd love to get such a setup my self, but it's almost impossible to get that street legal in switzerland.

that's why I try to keep the look as "stock" as possible.

how much power does your engine develop, and did you ever thing about upgrading to power brakes?

i received my DUI today.
any recommendation for a good spark plug, that i can hopefully get in europe?

Back