How much power would this setup produce???

pacer

I found a 1966 Ford 200ci motor for sale in Edmonton that has 10.2:1 compression the head was shaved 50 thou with a copper headgasket it also has a tri-power setup and a 6-2 header for $650.00. Apparently it was re-built 10,000 miles ago. My question is what kind of Hp output would you expect from a motor with that kind of setup?

Im guessing 130hp? Maybe 150hp if its had headwork done?

If it has head ported and polished, big cam, headers, tri power setup, and high compression maybe 175hp?

If it's the whole motor for $650, could be good value in parts. Depends if the headers fit your application, and if the carb setup is an Offenhauser or Edelcrock.

pacer":1v3kk1tn said:
I found a 1966 Ford 200ci motor for sale in Edmonton that has 10.2:1 compression the head was shaved 50 thou with a copper headgasket it also has a tri-power setup and a 6-2 header for $650.00. Apparently it was re-built 10,000 miles ago. My question is what kind of Hp output would you expect from a motor with that kind of setup?

to give you a good estimate i would need to know what cam is being used. if stock then it should make about 110 net hp roughly with a stock head. if any port work has been done that number can go up by about 20hp. as for the price, it is a pretty good price for the engine if the headers come with.

I am waiting to hear back about the cam and if any mods were done to the cylinder head!! The price includes the header offenhauser tri-power setup + four speed transmission with Mr. Gasket Ratchet shifter.

The cylinder head is off of a 170ci?? The valves and ports are stock! Does the 170 head flow better than the 200ci?

From what I hear-tell back in the day a common swap was to put the 170 head onto a 200 to increase the compression (smaller combustion chambers) I'm not sure on the specifics of the valve sizes though, I'd be willing to bet they are the same. Sounds like a good price for what you are getting and as long as it doesn't ping (too much compression) I'd bolt that baby in and drive!

-ron

Hi guys. I would buy the head and do some porting work to it. Little combustion chambers + fine porting work = power increase.

Larger valves?? I don't know the stock valve's size... I'm sure about Argies sizes, but not about USA's 6I.

I think it's a good price.

In the future I'll try to modify my own engine (maybe in some years). I'll upload all the info when i do that with some argie engine.

Back