offy tri

It seems they do have some kits but on the site it says one kit for up to 59s and the other for 70s and up and mine is a 68 .

The main difference is, some of the heads have a round log for the intake and some have a flat top log.

Stubby":3drvfapk said:
The main difference is, some of the heads have a round log for the intake and some have a flat top log.

I believe yo ou can see a difference between the early head adapters and later "flat top" head adapters. The early ones have U-clamps on the outers and the later have four studs machined into intake runner.

Later Offy adapter;

100_6687.jpg

100_6690.jpg

Powerband

hard to say... clifford occasionally has them, offyparts.com might have them. I know vintagespeed has them like jackfish said.

Problem is that offy only tools up a couple of times a year to produce these intakes since demand isn't that high-at least thats what they told me. I got mine through summit way cheaper than clifford and a heck of a lot faster. Pierce Manifolds is a lot cheaper and much better to deal with if you are going to use webers.

I waited months trying to get one from Summit. I finally got one from ebay, a complete tri-power motor and another tri-powered head from forum members.

I do have an older round log tri-power, but it's a complete head, manifold, linkage and carbs. If I did sell it, I'd want to let it go as a complete unit because of all the time I put into it cleaning it up, matching carbs, etc. If you're interested in the whole package I can put together some pictures?

The valve cover has been used on another project; the scoops would look good with a chome valve cover. A black finned valve cover from ClassicInlines and aircleaners from Vintage Speed is my ultimate choice for this set up. Click on pic for more. I haven't finished it yet. Two carbs still need rebuilding. I got the head with (if i remember right) 10k on it. The manifold was pretty beat up from somebody hacking on it trying to make fit the wrong linkage I guess. I spent hours cleaning up the manifold, which when I was done exposed the intake log, but in no way affects the performance of the manifold. I also cleaned up the valve pockets, lapped the valves, etc. Like I said, I haven't finished it yet, but it'd make a great start for somebody who isn't afraid of tempermental Holley's.
This was my last project:
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e318/ ... G_0111.jpg

Back