Need info about the Argentine Head

Hot 6t Falcon

Departed Member
Howdy,

Dave and I have decided to add a section to our Falcon 6 Performance Handbook that covers "non-USA" heads, and another section that covers the aftermarket head. (i.e. Inline Classics aluminum version of a modified Australian head).

So... I thought to start looking for info from this forum. Do you have any pictures and info about your Argentine head we could use in our Handbook?

What I am looking for is pictues of the intake port configuration. Same for Exhaust port configuration. If I remember, you had to have Argentine exhaust headers with your head, because the port arrangement was different that the North American version. What does you intake manifold look like? What did the combustion chambers look like? Info might be like valve sizes. Combustion chamber cc's. How you modified it after you got it. How you adapted the carbs.

Who was your Source? How did you get it to the US? Did you buy any other parts? Possible prices. Problems you ran into? - i.e. valve stem sizes - replacement parts - valve springs - etc.

We will give you full credit for the pictures and info. I'd like to write about 2 pages to go into the "How-To" section. It would be good to let people know of your efforts and that the Argentine head is out there.

Don't worry about writing and grammar. I taught 9th grade English for 35 years, so I'll probably put it into my own words anyway.

Thanks for your help...
Dennis Schjeldahl (say shell-doll)
Grand Forks, ND
falcons@gra.midco.net
http://falconperformance.sundog.net/

I'll help you with the argie head information, i have everything you want about it.

I have a lot of argie SP head information: valves sizes, camshaft, crank, ilustrations, everything you can imagine, but i'll be very busy a couple of weeks, so i can't help you with the translation.

This is a stock SP head, with its respectives manifolds.

This is the aluminum SP (made for race proposes only)

SP head with MAXECONO intake manifold... The MAXECONO was another Argie engine, that became with a solex 2bbl carburetor.

If you want I can upload the Argie book of falcon engine and other parts in PDF, but all the info is in spanish. I'll try to help you with the translation, but i don't know how you say some technical words or expressions like "alzada de leva"... it will be very difficult, but I'm very happy with this forum (the argies ford forums sucks), so i'll try to do it the better I can.

See you.

PD: I've never taken english classes... I learned all i know about this language from books and movies. Excuse me for my bad english.

josedelvecchio":2nwr7i0d said:
If you wanna chat with me just add my MSN: josedelvecchio@hotmail.com

I have a lot of argie SP head information: valves sizes, camshaft, crank, ilustrations, everything you can imagine, but i'll be very busy a couple of weeks, so i can't help you with the translation.

This is a stock SP head, with its respectives manifolds.

This is the aluminum SP (made for race proposes only)

SP head with MAXECONO intake manifold... The MAXECONO was another Argie engine, that became with a solex 2bbl carburetor.

If you want I can upload the Argie book of falcon engine and other parts in PDF, but all the info is in spanish. I'll try to help you with the translation, but i don't know how you say some technical words or expressions like "alzada de leva"... it will be very difficult, but I'm very happy with this forum (the argies ford forums sucks), so i'll try to do it the better I can.

See you.

PD: I've never taken english classes... I learned all i know about this language from books and movies. Excuse me for my bad english.
Hello Jose, how could someone in the US get one of those raw castings shown in one of your pictures, and how much would one cost. Thanks....

Howdy Mariano,

Actually I just took the disks that contain the Falcon Performance 6 Handbook to the printer yesterday. It should be ready some time in Jan 2009.

We, Dave and I, added two pages on the Argentine head, two pages on the Aussie head, and two pages on the Classic Inlines Aluminum head.

We also added four pages of additional info about the Autolite 2100 two-barrel carb. Along with more pictures in the porting section.

I could not find any "real" info about the aluminum head made for the ACTC (Turismo Carretera Driver's Association). I'd be interested in knowing who casts (foundry) it, a price, and any other details,

Thanks for your offer,
Dennis

Dennis:

The stuff provided by ACTC are very unaccesible and expensive. Is cheaper(tooooooooooo cheaper) build a NASCAR car than a TC car of ACTC.

I will do my best effor.

Regards,

Mariano

It's like everything here in Argentina, our salary is a shit, but if you wanna buy something, it's expensive.

Back