freeze plug kit help

wcol

I installed all freeze plugs from freeze plug kit in a 1966 200 cid block. Installed all but one very small shiny one. Can anyone tell me where this is located at...

Possibly in the camshaft bore in the rear of the block. If I were doing this, I would skip that one unless I had the engine completely stripped or it looked like it needed it. There is oil behind that one.

There is two small threaded plugs in kit. One is installed on the side and one is installed on the back near the cam bearing cap. I do not see any other holes left for the small cap. It is not a threaded cap it is a plain cap, and very small. Unless I am missing something...
Thanks

The small plug is for the front lifter oil galley.
I like to tap that hole & install a pipe plug similiar to the one for the rear lifter galley.
Its your choice. You sure don't want a push in plug blowing out & you loose a lot of oil pressure from the front galley plug.
However even a small amount of leakage will be internal behind the timing cover. Bill

Thanks,
I just beat it in. I figured it was in there from the start, It will be alright... Not a bad idea, tapping it. I have the crank mounted in, and do not want to get metal chips in there. I just blown everything out and cleaned it.

What is that plug for. It is in front of the #1 lifter, and it is behind the timing cover.

Thanks

After installing the plug, you should use a chisel & stake the block in 2 areas to hold the plug in. Bill

Thanks Bill I will do that

Thanks again.

What is this cap for. Why do they have a cap there?

Because there's a longways passage that carries oil. All the oilways need a "line of sight" partly for core placement when founding, and partly for cleaning/visual inspection.

Back