adjustable Rocker arm

maverick75

anyone have a pic , i read somewhere that the early falcons had them but I've never seen them.i found a 64 ranchero at the JY but it has the rail type ones.

They are all rail mounted but where the pushrod contacts the rocker it has an adjustable stud with locknut. The top of the pushrod has a socket rather than a ball. If you make the switch you need the pushrods to go with the adjustable rocker assembly.

cobraguy":dey425kz said:
They are all rail mounted but where the pushrod contacts the rocker it has an adjustable stud with locknut. The top of the pushrod has a socket rather than a ball. If you make the switch you need the pushrods to go with the adjustable rocker assembly.

the ranchero did have that type,i'm heading to the JY right now hopefully they will still be there.

I'm a newbie to ford-sixes, all the work i've done has only been on windsors,FE and modulars...its kinda fun working on these sixes

There's been a lot of debate, as to if high ratio rockers really make a difference, or is it just hype by the manufacturers. So in a recent dyno session we swaped on a set and found out for ourselves. At first I was disappointed as the peak gains were only 2HP, which was less then I was hopping for. However when I got home and started looking at the numbers, I noticed the average went up by 10HP. As did the torque numbers. This means the high ratios didn't help much on the top end, probably becasue the log head can't take advantage of the additional flow, however the low and mid range power was considerably better.

Just something to think about. ;)

Back