3x1 on a 250 in a Maverick

hotrodbob

Has anyone put the Offy 3x1 set up on a Maverick w/250? Wondering if there are hood clearance issues.

I have the head and intake sitting on the self and was gonna use it on my Ranchero, but went with a 2 bbl instead. Would like to use it on my Maverick, but have not found anyone that has done this on a 250 Maverick.

Since the 250 is taller I'm wondering about front carb clearance to the hood

Thanks for the offer, but I made the mistake of getting rid of one a few years ago. I'll be keeping this one even if it becomes wall decoration.

hotrodbob":1f0b9j7x said:
Has anyone put the Offy 3x1 set up on a Maverick w/250? Wondering if there are hood clearance issues.

I have the head and intake sitting on the self and was gonna use it on my Ranchero, but went with a 2 bbl instead. Would like to use it on my Maverick, but have not found anyone that has done this on a 250 Maverick.

Since the 250 is taller I'm wondering about front carb clearance to the hood

I have a 250 with 3X1. Not on a Maverick but the 3X1 setup is pretty high on the 250. I'm using the OEM MAv' air cleaner on another car with a 2 bbl adapter because even with the single RBS carb, the 250 in the Mav' used a very recessed bottom air cleaner.

3CARBCLEARANCE_WEB-1.jpg

It's getting a teardrop bubble but meanwhile:

100_3744.jpg

Cool Comet. I can see from your pics that the air cleaner on the front carb is above the fender line.

Bet it runs good though...

Thanks

Back