weber problems

so, i got my new carb and ran the motor today. same problem. maybe my fuel pressure regulator isnt working? does this seem like a good theory? it would explain why nothing changed when i adjusted the pressure down, even to 1 PSI. how would i test it to see?

I used my sunpro fuel pressure tester even though I have a liquid filled guage on my regulator-turns out the tester is more accurate. I also tested it at the carb just to make sure there wasn't some restriction or weirdness going on.

Patrick66":26uto0cx said:
so, i got my new carb and ran the motor today. same problem. maybe my fuel pressure regulator isnt working? does this seem like a good theory? it would explain why nothing changed when i adjusted the pressure down, even to 1 PSI. how would i test it to see?

Keep it simple - are you using correct carb gasket :unsure:

Vacuum / pressure guage will test your fuel pressure and reveal intake , valve, and cam timing problems.

In my understanding, fuel pressure from the mechanical pump probably is a concern for higher RPM and eng/road vibration to the float needles. A fresh carb needle should handle reasonable 2-7 PSI at run-in RPM .

vac/press. guage at the carb:

FUELGUAGEINHAND.jpg

FUELPRESS4LBS.jpg

powerband":upvjme0v said:
Keep it simple - are you using correct carb gasket :unsure:

its a brand new carburetor, so that shouldnt be a problem. i appreciate all the sugggestions because i dont know what else it could be. thanks.

yes you need to see whats it pumping ,, my stock pump with vac pump only pumps just over 3psi so i never put a reg in mine but as sayed its only running 3.2lbs from a stock pump ,, that realy could be your prob ,, just get a vac and gas psi gage from autozone ,, you might be pumping 6lbs to the carb n never knew it , that will flud it

Back