As seen in Mustang Monthly!!!

ludwig

2K+
VIP
Supporter 2018
First and last pages, of a 6 page article, in the Feb issue. Yahooooo! Congratulations, Mike!!

sc004db3ec.jpg

sc004d8fbf.jpg

BTW, you two crazy Shell-dolls, I want a copy of the new, improved bible.

Well, I downsized them on Photobucket because I didn't want to get spanked by one of the moderators.

I could re-scan and post at near full size if that is okay with the moderators. I mean, the mag just came out and we are the natural audience for their sales.

ludwig":eefklbv6 said:
Well, I downsized them on Photobucket because I didn't want to get spanked by one of the moderators.

I could re-scan and post at near full size if that is okay with the moderators. I mean, the mag just came out and we are the natural audience for their sales.

my advice is to wait until after the issue stops selling, that's what i did when Will & Kelly's Falcon was in Hot Rod

and you could just post the links once you got around to posting them, or make 'em thumbnails

Will do. That means I'll have to learn to do this, but hey, it's skill building.

I have a photobucket account. So I assume they can be accessed there with a link. I just have to find out how.

Maybe its just me but...

You could just go out and buy the magazine so sales go up and just maybe they see a increase in sales from inline six articles and thus run more inline six articles.

I know Im stretchin it a bit here but hey.

maybe it's just me, but i think the article in legendary fords was of better quality.
besides, some of the most interesting parts mentioned in that article are out of stock and i don't think that will change in the near future :-(

my2cents.gif

ludwig":3qko25ru said:
Will do. That means I'll have to learn to do this, but hey, it's skill building.

I have a photobucket account. So I assume they can be accessed there with a link. I just have to find out how.
there's not really a link that does it automatically
i've posted about it enough that you should be able to do a search with my name and thumbnails and find out how

and yeah, that's why i always wait for the issue to stop selling, so that everyone can buy it first

Which issue of Mustang Monthly is the article of Six-Cylinder Performance on? I bought the current one which is the January issue but it is not there. And who's article is it? , Thanks in advance.

grendi_250ci":30kk3y2p said:
maybe it's just me, but i think the article in legendary fords was of better quality.

I wrote both of the articles for Legendary Ford, so I appreciate the comment. Unfortunately MM and/or MM&F don't usually ask for input, only pics. Guess that's why I like working with LF. Not only do they let me write the rough draft, they also let me proof read any changes they might make, prior to publishing. That drastically reduces errors and eliminates incorrect information from being published.

I stopped getting MM about two years ago, so I haven't read the article yet.

ludwig,
Thanks for the reply. Who's article is it? Tried to look for that issue but doesnt seem to be in the stores yet.

Who's article is it?

Who else? Jim Smart. They guy that writes the whole stinkin' mag every month.

I've taken it for about 5 or 6 years now. They are starting on their third article cycle. That is to say that they run the tech stuff in recurring cycles of three or four years. I stick around for the new product stuff, like hot new mods for I6's.

AzCoupe":2i95x82x said:
I stopped getting MM about two years ago, so I haven't read the article yet. I still get HR, CC, MM&F, and LF.

in short: some statements are crap. for example they are telling you the 250cid head is a good tuning option because of the bolt on intake manifold.
unfortunatly.... they are not telling you that doesn't count for the us-version.

but they realy seem to like your products
thumb.gif

let's hope that this article will help you get the orders for the aluminium head together, so you can get the next batch ready for shipping.

Jeezzz.....My Brother-in-law gets a picture in the article and I don't!
What's up with that? :unsure:

Later,
Will

Does10s":1ivgm1p6 said:
Jeezzz.....My Brother-in-law gets a picture in the article and I don't! What's up with that? :unsure:
That's an easy one...... look in the mirror. :D

XFlow_Fairlane":1ivgm1p6 said:
is that some aussie cflow pics in there?
It's an Inteck, basically a modern version of the Cross-Flow, which was introduced in 1998.

The Intech sixes may look similar to their predecessors, but their sweeter sound, smoother feel and freer revving top end performance, are instant pointers to their new and classier pedigree. Less obvious, but no less real, is the fuel savings and reduced emissions. The new Intech six is one of the most fuel efficient engines over 3.0 litres, and the hallmark of the AU Falcon's 6-cylinder engines, according to Ford Australia's Powertrain Manager, John Willems.

During development, we tapped into Ford's worldwide resources including the Advanced Powertrain unit in Ford AVT (Advanced Vehicle Technology) Centre in Detroit, Jaguar with their 50-year heritage in building refined and powerful overhead camshaft in-line sixes, as well as Tickford for the XR engines, he said. The Intech sixes are virtually new engines, with all major areas redesigned or upgraded. Only the broad architecture of in-line cylinders, 4-litre engine size (displacement), bore spacing and single overhead camshaft (SOHC) configuration, plus a handful of small components - mostly fasteners like bolts, remain from the preceding engine series.

Maximum torque of 357Nm at 3000rpm and power of 157kW at 4900rpm of the standard engine is unchanged from the preceding EL Falcon engine.

The High Performance (HP) variant of the Intech engine in the XR6 has a higher output cylinder head, camshaft and exhaust system than the standard Intech, all developed by Ford Australia's performance partner, Tickford Vehicle Engineering. The HP Intech develops maximum torque of 366Nm at 3150rpm and power of 164kW at 5000rpm, and the performance is very refined.

Variable Camshaft Timing (VCT) is a new, premium engine differentiator for Falcon 6-cylinder engines. It virtually endows the VCT engine with two characters, one which optimises low speed torque and the other which prioritises maximum power at high revs. The Intech VCT six is standard in Fairmont Ghia and optional in XR6. The VCT engine develops maximum torque of 370Nm at 3500rpm and 168kW of power at 5300rpm. This is 22 per cent more maximum torque and 14 per cent more maximum power than its closest competitor.

The VCT timing module, mounted on the front of the engine, adjusts camshaft timing via an oil pressure driven helix as commanded by the EEC-5 module. The dual runner intake manifold, which Falcon sixes have had since August 1994, is ideally suited to contemporary VCT technology. The long runners being conducive to the low speed high torque mode, while the short runners suit the high revs maximum power mode.

I'm trying to get one of the EFI intakes shipped over, as I'd like to see if it can be adatpted to fit the aluminum head. 8)

OZ024.jpg

OZ025.jpg

OZ026.JPG

OZ020.jpg

OZ023.jpg

Looking at those engines, one has to assume ford USA is just lazy are not as smart, I hate looking at the OZ engines because they are so much more innovative and the layout is a thing of art.

Back