carb identity

6=8

I dont know what kinda carb I have. From what ive looked at its either a 1100 or a 1101 but I dont know if they ever put that many 1101 carbs on mustangs. How can I tell?

You can use the 'search' button for carbs and view others pics to compare, or better yet if you can post a pic I bet someone can id it for you right quick.

Its a 1100 I was thrown off cause most of the info I found was for the automatic transmission and I have a manual. I was not aware that they made different carbs for differnt trannys.

According to the following post, the 1101 was available with scv in mid early 60's & without in late 60's, and they look alot alike.

http://fordsix.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... light=1101

Search is a beautiful thing ;)

As for the second 'dashpot', the automatic 1100's (and IIRC 1101's) have an 'anti-stall dashpot' on one side of carb, along with an 'accelorator pump' on the other side attached to the fuel bowl vent rod (same dimensions, same style diaphragm). Anti-stall dashpot squirts a bit of fuel on deceleration to ensure against stalling while auto tranny engine brakes, producing a brief increase in load at idle. Accelorator pump squirts a bit of fuel on acceleration to offset the bit of inherent lag before the main fuel jet system picks up.

Manual tranny versions have only the accelorator pump as their is no need (debatable point here?) for the anti-stall dashpot.
Good luck!

Back