255p pistons

primal1

does anyone know the specs for he federal mogul 275p pistons. i found some, but cant find out if they fit my 200 with out major mods. i googled with no luck. i searched here and came up with one response that somebody here had them.

In the falcon performance handbook David and Dennis outline the various options for pistons quite nicely. They state the 255's can be used in the 250 ci six for a compression increase but the pistons are not right for a 200. By the way thanks to them I've learned so much about our little sixes that this should be a must have boook for anyone looking to get more out of our favorite six from Ford. Harvey

350kmileford":lnteibuw said:
I don't quite understand the 2.320" diameter it is referring to. If those are just sealed power pistons, aren't they the same as the ones Mike sells? Or are they something different/special?
Probably referring to the size(diameter) of the dish on the top of the piston.

HARVEY LIGHT":395q4ryz said:
In the falcon performance handbook David and Dennis outline the various options for pistons quite nicely. They state the 255's can be used in the 250 ci six for a compression increase but the pistons are not right for a 200. By the way thanks to them I've learned so much about our little sixes that this should be a must have boook for anyone looking to get more out of our favorite six from Ford. Harvey
what is not right about them to not fit in the 200. i thought the 250 was the same with a longer stroke. the compression height is the same i believe.

The distance from the rod pin to the top of the piston is more on the 255. When you use this piston in the 250, the CR increases but the extra deck height keeps the top of the piston in the block. If you use it in the 200, the top of the piston sticks out of the block.

If you want a better piston for the 200, use the 2.3L HSC piston.

Back