Stovebolt Engine Co. Legit?

'68falconohio

I'm going to do a 2 barrel conversion on my '77 log head and saw where someone mentioned stovebolt having HW 2 barrels for a very good price. Has anyone used a carb from this company and what were your thoughts on their quality?

im using thier adapter and rebuilt carb.the adapter needed modifying to work.the carb needs rejetting,but thats probably normal on a carb conversion.

I'm using one of their adapters that worked with modification and a New Old Stock Holly/Weber/Motorcraft carb that works perfectly and only required tweaking idle mixture.
I talked to Tom directly and found him to be knowledgeable and a standup guy.

Had no problems with them. I am using their adapter and 2bbl. I think my dad used to buy parts for his GMC 6cyl from him too.

Langdon's Stovebolt Engineering is a genuine resource for any Six cylinder enthusiast. Tom Langdon centralizes on Chevy - "Stovebolt Sixes" but provides resorces for "our" Ford sixes.

He provides bolt-on solutions for the stoveebolt sixes and with adequate depth of knowledge, some of the hardware like the 2Bbl adapters , can be used with Ford engines. I've talked with him a few times and was able to glean info on tuning not available elsewhere. He matter-of-fact relates the rebuilt 5200's he offers are generic rebuilds not tuned for "our" or his purposes but are a good starting point.

"Stovebolt" 2Bbl adapter & H/W 5200:

FULLCARBADAPTOR.jpg

8) i concur with the others, stovebolt is the real deal. i bought a carb and air cleaner from them a few years ago, it arrived in a reasonable time especially since i was working and living in a national park at the time.

Again, Thank you all for the replies! Their answering machine said that they were out for the week, but will be open on Monday. I found a lot of good info on tuning the H/W 5200 on the forum and will be ordering a carb from Stovebolt on Monday!

If he still has them, I would suggest spending a couple $$ more & getting a new carb from him vs a rebuilt. The cost when I got mine a few years ago was only slightly more. Apparently these H/W carbs are notorious for wearing and leaking at the throttle shafts. No fault of Tom at Stovebolt.

Speak to Tom directly if you are interested in a new one. I got a new old stock Holley/Weber made by Motorcraft that was in perfect shape. Another forum member, BIGREDUSA I think, got one that was new, very old stock. I don't think he was that satisfied with it.

Put his set up on my Ranchero and it ran GREAT. Had to grind a little off to clear the base plate. Rejetted the carb after an exhaust change.

Great prices and fast service.

Fast Service is no joke at all....I spoke to Tom yesterday and ordered a carb w/electric choke....I strolled into work today after class and it was sitting on my desk. Awesome!! I finished up machining my D7 log head for the nearly direct mount(using two plates so I clear the VC) and want to post some pics on my engine thread. Could anyone walk me through how to do so....or point in me in the direction of a how-to guide.. Thanks guys.

Back