more changes to the engine

chad":1nofdmit said:
Crosley?
Duz it seem like less than 5% change or more than 50% as you drive it now?

Hard to put a number on how much the Falcon has slowed down. I'd say the car has slowed down to mid 16 second quarter mile. With gear change, larger tires, mechanical fan added, muffler, fresh air kit removed, water pump is now engine driven... that all slows the car down.

In 2018 , I have plans to install an interior carpet, redo the seats, window felts and rubber bits. It all adds weight and slows the car down. I may even fix the heater and replace the non working vacuum powered wipers.

The Falcon is still peppy for a small inline 6 engine. Around 3200 RPM , It runs down the freeway near 70 mph.

i may remove the stall speed converter, go with a milder stall speed.

...i may remove the stall speed converter, go with a milder stall speed.
Tony in AZ…
How will that change things?

For whats it worth my dyno test was done in street trim. Air cleaner on water pump hooked up & a full exhaust system with mufflers.
Open exhaust with a 16" collector would have probably helped. I was surprised to crank out 139 RWHP with a small cam & via a C-4 trans.
I wish i had 1/4 mile times to really see the real output. The closest one for me is over 100 miles from me at that time.

chad":70qlssrx said:
...i may remove the stall speed converter, go with a milder stall speed.
Tony in AZ…
How will that change things?

Slightly less heat build up on a longer cruise at highway speed. The C4 trans temp comes up quickly , does not get past 160* on the gauge.

This current converter, I had it built looser to get the 200 engine RPM up for the launch on the drag strip

OK -
seems to have lower transmish temps and shift points R more MPGs friendly.
Thank you.

chad":34p1lnsf said:
OK -
seems to have lower transmish temps and shift points R more MPGs friendly.

Yes. Will tighten the RPM up some, slightly lower RPM at speed.

I have even given thoughts to a 5 speed manual trans swap.

Back