La Pivetta

Inliner

VIP
This guy get's my vote for the Turd Polisher Crown. Can someone tell me what that orange stuff is? Looks like Ultra Copper???

wtftapa.jpg

comun2x1.jpg

I dont know if this is a stupid question but is the manifold bolted on some how or is it just stuck on with that orange stuff? I cant see any bolts :unsure:

Manifold itself looks almost like a propane bottle or maybe a catch can? The top one may be reverse from the second one. Orange stuff-surely some sort of epoxy? Ultra copper wouldnt hold long on that. Nifty work none the less!

Ron

Is that an offset brake booster? It seems funny to se power brakes with the original single master cylinder with the pressure switch for the brake lights.

He might be sliding the tubes down inside the ports.

The top one may be reverse from the second one.

Doubt it. The first has one carb plate, the other has two. And then there's the bung for the end of the intake can. Now you see it, now you don't.

That has to be one of the cleanest intakes on a log head I have ever seen, I just wonder what the reality of it is in terms of performance gains, with those skills he could easily multiport inject it also and with the plenum size it might distribute air faily well.

Those plug wires stand out like a sore thumb in an otherwise beautifully clean engine bay. The fab work is excellent though. Looks like maybe a press fit of the intake into the head with the orange stuff being a silicone sealer perhaps? Doesn't seem like it would hold up to vibration very well.

If it is an Argentinian head it might be a bolted on intake. They had heads similar to the Aussie heads, didn't they? If that's the case the thin orange stripe at the junction of the intake runners and the heads might be nothing more than a painted on pinstripe accent at the weld joint between the runners and the flange.

(It matches the color of the plug wire boots, so it may be the owner's sense of "style" coming out. Or maybe the guy is color blind. :LOL: )

But either way, yeah, interesting intake work.

:)

ludwig":30njfa38 said:
The top one may be reverse from the second one.

Doubt it. The first has one carb plate, the other has two. And then there's the bung for the end of the intake can. Now you see it, now you don't.

Ludwig, the bung is to the front on the top one no? Or am I a$$ backwards. Wonder what its for anyways?

My bad, what I was trying to say is the "bottle" piece is reversed. Meaning the bung is to the rear (wow, that sounds wierd) on the second one versus bung to the front on the first. Any guesses on what it might be for? Vacuum maybe?

Ron

No idea about the bung, but those appear to be two different kinds of stock. The top one is round and the bottom one is oval with a flat surface for the carb mounting plates. Maybe they are some kind of tube stock that he plugs rather than a pre-made container.

Back