Header dilemma

JoeJoe44

So, I ordered some headers from classicinlines.com only to find out that they are out of stock and the new shipment is comming from a different company.

So, I personally can not wait for the new headers to come out because my stang is more of a daily driver car. Does anyone know where i can find some other headers?

I know Hooker makes a set but can not remeber who carries them, might be NPD or Year 1. I just checked my latest summit and they were not in there. Clifford performance also sells them.

JoeJoe44":3spenmr4 said:
So, I ordered some headers from classicinlines.com only to find out that they are out of stock and the new shipment is comming from a different company.

So, I personally can not wait for the new headers to come out because my stang is more of a daily driver car. Does anyone know where i can find some other headers?

Headers do show up used on the forums and E-Bay often. Also a number of vendors sell them as mentioned.

The six cylinder specialty vendors usually have better info regarding if they will fit in your application .

These are least expensive I found but I have no experience with them.

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy ... T1=BA54+01

I run Hooker dual outs' on my cars. I also just picked up an unknown set of "shortys" from Craigs list for under $100.oo.

HAve Fun

TWOHOOKERS2_WEB.jpg

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy ... T1=BA54+01

Thanx for the help.
I have heard good things about pacemaker headers but when i google them i come up with nothing. Does anyone know where i might be able to find some?

We use to import the Pacemaker headers from Australia, but we no longer sell them. The cost to ship them over just got to expensive and no one wanted to pay $400 for a set of headers, so we stopped importing them.

Next, we switched to Pacesetter, which is here in Arizona. While they were cheaper, the quality dropped with the price. I had three batches produced and wound up taking more than half of the headers back to be repaired, so they met my standards.

I made a deal with a new manufacturer, who will be making our headers in stainless steel, as well as mild steel. They are currently working on the prototype and we hope to have the first batch in a couple months. While we still haven't determine the price, the stainless headers will be very affordable, and we hope to lower the price on our mild steel headers. If you want more info, just send me an e-mail.

Personally, I'd wait for Mike's headers to become available because he always has our best interests at heart. If you need a temp. manifold maybe someone here has a spare. I have a smogged 250 exhaust you can have that it'll fit a 200 no problem.

The ones from Scott Drake and Mustangs Unlimited are crappy. They have very poor welds on the flange. I had a couple pinholes fixed on a set where the chrome burned off. My buddy bought the car and still running good. They're better than nothing, but they're too expensive for the quality. Clifford has a dual out shorties that I've been interested for use on a 250. When the 250 arrives, find a AOD and save money for 3.55 posi, hopefully ClassicInlines will have a sweet set of headers for the 250.

avoid painted headers.i bought some painted edelbrock headers.they came with a sticker that the paint was to prevent rusting during shipment and should be removed and replaced with a heat resistant coating.i had to pay to get them sandblasted and coated. :x

Jet-Hot coating is the only way to go IMO. I'd wait for the CI headers to get back in stock. I honestly don't think that it would be possible to get another design of header onto my car with the engine mounted. The Comet engine bay is so narrow that headers won't go in with the starter installed, so it has to be a design that allows starter installation after the headers are on.

Call jethot coatings 800-432-3379. They offer a Hooker full competion header #6601 which i have on my 67 mustang. The header is a full length 1 1/2" primarys 38" in length going into dual 2 1/2" collectors.

My engine put out 145 RWH using these headers. Bill

hookerheader6601-1.jpg

AzCoupe":1teiz5nv said:
I made a deal with a new manufacturer, who will be making our headers in stainless steel, as well as mild steel.
ooo.... stainless sounds nice
it'd probably be premature to ask about a price, isn't it?

Thanx for all the replies. It could be just me, but it seems like 2 1/2 inch collectors are just a tad to big for a dual exhaust set up. Am i wrong in thinking this?

Joe, i use reducers to get the 2 1/2" collectors down to 2". Works great. Bill
DSC_0007.jpg

wsa111, those are some pretty headers! If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for that baby???

Dj

I have those mustang's unlimited headers on my car (65 must with a 250) and I've been happy with them. All of the holes lined up and I've had no leaks even though one of the tabs on the head is missing. I've had it on for a little over 2 months with frequent but not daily driving. The collector flange did touch the bellhousing where the starter meets the bellhousing but this may be because I have a T5 bellhousing. I had to grind away part of the collector flange and heat and bend the header a little bit. This type of issue is not uncommon when you start mixing and matching parts though. The header has good starter clearance for a full size starter. I went with this header because there was no other reasonable option. If classic inlines offers the header you need when you are ready to buy, I would go with them. Otherwise, I think the mustang's unlimited header is a good option for a 250. If you're looking for a 200 header I think you have more choices.

I have the cliffords headers and they are quite good quality. Thick flange, good welds, and jet hot coating. After six or so years on the east coast, they are starting to show a little surface rust on some spots, but nothing major.

Back