Getting ready for upgrades!

djz66

Hi all! Well been making progress on the Coupe! Got almost the entire car sanded down and almost ready for paint! Before that happens gotta get the front radiator suport replaced and my pass. side floor fixed, it's got two holes in it a little smaller then a eraser head!
So, this is the deal going down to my motor builder tomorrow to talk $ with him to rebuild my I6. I figure while I have the engine out getting rebuilt I can get the car to my body man to get the rad. suport and floor taken care of. All at the sametime! My question is how long does it normally take to get a alum head built and shipped by CI along with other parts Dui,cam,intake? just try to set everything up so when I start it i wont be held up wait for this or that!!

Thanks,
Dj

Took me about two weeks to get a cam, timing gear, and new lifters, which is what you'll need to button up the bottom end. Can't comment on alum head availability, but when I got valves, springs, and rocker assembly they came pretty quickly.

The builder will have a bit of work to do with the teardown, cleaning, balancing, starting the assembly of the rotating assembly, etc. That gives you a little time to collect the other parts.

Check for stock on the DUI, when I ordered mine about 6 weeks ago he was out of some colors. I think he got a shipment in but, I would check if I was you. And I hope you dont need a header from him as he is out of stock last I checked. He changed suppliers and will offer them in stainless now also but, will be some time before he gets the first shipment.

thanks so much for the info.... I already have a header for it, which I'm happy about for now until I start drooling over the new ones being made! lol I need to contact Mike anywayz before I start ordering so I will have an ideal of when I can expect everything etc... Did the person selling thoes parts ever get ahold of you yet? I hope you get what you need and want!

Dj

Back