250 swap oil pan clearance?

well I was messing under my in-progress fairlane 250XFlow swap and noticed my front swaybar is against he pan bigtime. are US 250 people having this issue? I have no trans in teh car and it sitting on my stock mounts right now but it seems like I need to RAISE The mtor up a bit to gain clearance front and rear on this thing as the back is sitting on the centerlink/frame brace and I think the pan even hangs lower than anything on the car now.

The Aussie 250 is narrower at the motor mounts than the US 250.

You may want to talk to MustangSix about the differences he encountered when swapping out the US 250 with the 250Xflow in his 66 Mustang.

motor dropped in the car easy on the stock mounts but looks like if I am gonna ue the stock mounts I am taking a hammer to my oil pan.

XFlow_Fairlane":1p900itl said:
well I was messing under my in-progress fairlane 250XFlow swap and noticed my front swaybar is against he pan bigtime. are US 250 people having this issue? I have no trans in teh car and it sitting on my stock mounts right now but it seems like I need to RAISE The mtor up a bit to gain clearance front and rear on this thing as the back is sitting on the centerlink/frame brace and I think the pan even hangs lower than anything on the car now.

I have no experience with Fairlane but American 250 in a '61 Falcon(Comet) using original motor mounts interfered with center steering link, under engine brace and starter as well as firewall at top of head and radiator, needed minor modifications. Swaybar was only thing didn't have problem 8)

STARTER_WEB.jpg

Have Fun
Powerband

8) before you hammer on the oil pan, try lowering the sway bar to aleviate clearance issues. you can make aluminum spacers and use shorter end links.

When we did the US250 swap into Kelly's '63 Falcon the pan cleared everything. I didn't have to modify anything under the engine to make it fit.

We had enough room that I swapped in a rack & pinion from Total Control. Still clears the pan with room to spare. "Room to spare" doesn't sound right....there's about an inch from the top of the rack to the pan.

We also don't have a sway bar.

Will

Back