New Exhaust..

kevinl1058

New Exhaust On. Spent 7 hours at the exhaust shop getting the CI headers all buttoned up. My exhaust guy took his time routing the dual exhaust and did an outstanding job. We even had a beer when all done. I decided to go with FLowmaster Super 44's, 2.25" pipe from the headers back. The only snag we ran into was the down pipes from the headers hit the center link. and the band clamps that were sent with the headers were the wrong size. Instead of holding off we tacked the headers in place and will put the new clamps on tomorrow when they come in. I am very impressed with the sound very aggressive at WOT and a healthy v8 rumble at idle. I would strongly suggest that anytime you get a chance to watch a true professional do his job do it sure was worth my time. If anyone is in the Beaverton Oregon area go to Exhaust Specialties and ask for Bob.. top notch

kevinl1058":b21unrbl said:
... The only snag we ran into was the down pipes from the headers hit the center link. ...

I suspect that some folks might find it useful to know what sort of car/engine combination this was.

Year?
Model?
Engine size?

Also any other details that might have a bearing on this interference issue.

:nod: :thanks:

Awesome ive driven by that place and now that i know they have done work on a 200 header project ill be there before the end of summer even. Thanks for the post. Hopefully i dont run into those problems. Falcon is a tighter squeeze that a 65 mustang i think.

Back