Going the 250 route

AxeSeth6

Today I am picking up a 250 out of a 69 Mustang complete with motor mounts (wish me luck that it is and has what he says it does). This motor is going to be rebuilt before I put it in. Now I will have a head to go three carbs. I see that Gene's maveric has about 125 with one direct mount 2 bbl and that bottom end build would be simalar to what I was thinking (suggestions welcome). Question is has anybody dynod a three carb set up?

Triple carbs on a 250 might be a tight fit under a 67 hood, especially the front carb. I'd stick with a direct mount Holley or Autolite.

175-185 hp should be pretty easy and with a ton of torque. Makes for a really nice driver, esp with an AOD and some 3.55 - 3.73 rear gears.

Thanks for bringing that up. I've seen the 200's set up with that hood but your right a 250's 1.5" higher deck it probly wont. And with the rebuild and all I doubt I could afford the CI with three side draft carbs :( . Well I'm on my way to get it now I'll let youguys know how it turn out later.

You can always put the 250 head on your 200, after milling it so you don't loose compression.

Well I picked up the motor and it is a 250 w/ a 69 large holed head, tranny and bell. I'm not sure what it came out of but I did get the mounts and they are different ( will look at old post to see if there are picks of mustang mounts anywhere). The motor does move and friday I will tear it down to get hot tanked and magna fluxed to see if I bought a peach or a lemon. will keep you all posted on outcome.

Back